New Material - Lava Esthetic

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Think I'll wait a bit longer before I jump back on the 3M bandwagon again.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I like the idea of fluorescence, but I'm with rkm I'll wait and see if 3M has done clinical trials with this material or are they going to let the labs do it for them.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I want to try some, but I don't think it will be available until the Chicago Mid-Winter meeting.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Looks interesting. I like the strength, the florescence, and at least they have more than just the A shades.

But with Katana STML and and I believe Zolid FX ML coming out with more shades, it may be hard to beat.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Looks interesting. I like the strength, the florescence, and at least they have more than just the A shades.

But with Katana STML and and I believe Zolid FX ML coming out with more shades, it may be hard to beat.
And the other companies are probably less like to leave you twisting in the wind.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:
K

KIM

Reaction score
I will share a little of what I know..... 3M already has a good number of labs working with Lava Esthetic over the last several months. It is 510k cleared and what stands out to me is that it is 800mpa and fluorescent. 3M is a research company by design and therefore, I believe has done a lot of work in prep for releasing this product. The feedback that I have heard from clients personally has been very good. Accurate shading and a very lifelike material all the way around. I believe there are 7 Vita shades that will be available immediately across the A-D range and they will have more coming. We are in the process of working with laboratories to evaluate this product as well as Jensen is the laboratory channel partner for 3M in the U.S.
Very exciting times as Jensen will soon be launching a new material as well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I like the idea of fluorescence, but I'm with rkm I'll wait and see if 3M has done clinical trials with this material or are they going to let the labs do it for them.
their fancy photos dont make you all tingly in the nether regions?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
good point
My wife is on her way to the drs now.

P

Pam

Reaction score
Has anyone been following McLaren on FB ? He's working with it and he said it's twice as strong as eMax with the same esthetics. He doing clinicals.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone been following McLaren on FB ? He's working with it and he said it's twice as strong as eMax with the same esthetics. He doing clinicals.

I do like Ed McLaren, it will be nice to hear his feedback on it.

They are now saying emax is ~500mpa. They, Ivoclar, disclosed these new numbers about the time LiSi press ingots came out.

By the way Pam, welcome to the forum :) I also see you have your mood set to "Amazed", yes, it is pretty amazing to be here with all us on this FB alternative ;) :)

Last edited: