Need advice on enhancing aesthetics

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Great thread. Although aren't we missing the biggest advantage to e.max? Once you layer all that porcelain all over the place all you have is the strength of a PFM...

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Saw and spoke with Olivier Tric earlier this year at the oral design symposium in London, have to say not only did his work stand out even at that level, a real gent too.......
For all you GC users log in to his website
OLIVIER TRIC | Atelier Dentaire | Choose a Language
A fabulous slide show presenting a lower anterior case

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Great thread. Although aren't we missing the biggest advantage to e.max? Once you layer all that porcelain all over the place all you have is the strength of a PFM...

Normally I do a monolithic press or CAD and stain and glaze. This patient had an amalgam stain on the occlusion of the prep. I did not want to go with HO and was worried about show through on LT so I thought MO would be the best option.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I would love to hear your thoughts on this book. I am always looking for good info.

It is fantastic! Step by step beginning to end posterior, anterior, full arch, full mouth the list goes on and he did not leave out anything. Explains color, the color chart, shade taking, understanding surface sheen and texture...,. It's mind blowing all the info. I will give you a better review after I read through it again lol tons of photos too

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I have offered AL multiple times to fly his ass out here and give me and my staff an EMAX course. Sadly I think I have pissed him off or he is just afraid of California.

No not pissed or afraid of Cali. but mabe afraid of doing something like that. Im pretty confident behind a computer but get stage fright face to face.
I have gotten a ton of requests though for that kind of thing. Mabey after I get the farm paid off in a couple of years and cut back on my work load,I will put something together and travel a bit.

Al, I know you and I discussed privately awhile back about regular build-ups and the powders and technique involved. What bakes and when to use what where, do you mind giving everyone a refresher for a single posterior because as you state, it's really not that much more effort and something many here could strive for to get the cusp halo's and that depth look to the build to really get their crowns to come alive. I ask because besides Jason's dentin issue, if he would of added two different porcelains in my opinion he would of nailed giving his crown life doing his pretty build. Thanks Al.

Yeah Ill do that, I dont have anything or pics now but I'll be building Thurs and Ill take pics of a case. It will be Sun night before I post it.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
It is fantastic! Step by step beginning to end posterior, anterior, full arch, full mouth the list goes on and he did not leave out anything. Explains color, the color chart, shade taking, understanding surface sheen and texture...,. It's mind blowing all the info. I will give you a better review after I read through it again lol tons of photos too

Youve convinced me. I need to buy it.

I only have 2 books, Ubassys, Analysis, and Tips and Tricks.

If I had bought more books and taken more courses It would have saved alot of trial and error and screw ups.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The nice thing is he is using Emax, empress and Dsign. Should be the same for inline. He really explains texture and sheen in a way I have never heard. Does a step by step of the exact tools he uses and what he does to get texture and sheen, all with step by step photos. Beautiful anterior work. Follows line angles down to roots etc. very natural looking and harmonizes in the mouth. Shows some crown lengthening and more in depth tissue surgeries. All with full photos beginning to end. He shows how he takes shades and why etc. very detailed.