nabertherm sintering furnace

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Hi guys Im looking for a new sintering furnace for high trans zirconia and Im considering a Nabertherm furnace has anyone had good or bad experiences out there with this brand thanks for your help.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We are getting one for the new milling center, they are good ovens. What are you looking to achieve?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
General zi sintering for zirkonzahn prettau temp 1600c

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I had Four Nabertherm. (They made 3M and VITA and many others just re-labled.) Sold them all.

Worked fine, uses same technology as much cheaper furnaces, the elements are super skinny, very long, and very fragile.

Always was scared to touch them, and broke many many new elements just trying to install.

This was for their MoSi2 furnace.

Scott

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I have had one for over a year and a half now. No real problems other than what primus described with the elements. We were using Tanaka stains when we first got the oven. After a cycle we notice these bubbles like if you were blowing soap bubbles on the heating elements. One in particular got extremely corroded and eventually broke. For the price we paid, $6,900 it's not to bad. Only real dislike is the size. Unless we stack 3 rectangular trays it can't do the volume like are Mihm Vogt.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sintering ovens are really not discussed all that much, which leads me to believe people are just buying whats sold by the mill suppler. Sintering is a critical step in processing zirconia. When large cases warp during sintering its a major loss. Like testing a mill prior to purchase, I would recommend having a large frame milled and sintered in a particular furnace and check the fit. Saving money on a furnace can cost a boat load on the long run.
I really don't like the door in front design. I'm sure it makes for cold spots in the front and hotter in the rear. Go with bottom entry and MoSi2 heating elements.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I have had a Nabertherm for the past three years. bought it when Lincoln had them on sale. It has been working fine for us, with no corrosion of the elements so far. Zr comes out sintered. As far as I am concerned, its a win.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I don't think that it s a square door type,I think its a plunger I think this is a good thread as everybody is deeply concerned with the mill but not how to cook the jobs. Are the elements expensive for the nabertherm speed 17.The info from you guys is really helpful and thankyou.