Myerson hotshot elite

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
I'm in Australia and we only have 1 myerson on seller. It's another lab who sells myerson stuff.. My question relates to hotshot elite..
I want to know people who have used this equipment and product and what their thoughts are as I am thinking of introducing this into my lab.
Costs involved insetting up etc.
In anticipation , Patrick
http://www.myersontooth.com/products/hot-shot-elite-clasp-injector.php

Last edited:
Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
looks fun, but i have never used soz

N

nickate

Reaction score
The duracetyl clasps get brittle and snap after 2-3 years of the patient tugging on them.

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
I have my own lab and do consulting for myerson. I am the inventor of the hot shot. That being said so you know I am bias. If you have any questions I will answer them. As for them breaking after 2-3 years not sure what the problem is (over heating, lower grade acetal, improper design) but that not my experience.

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Your my man Kris..is it as easy as the web brochure shows? I presume no chemical bond to PMMA?.does a case typically need surveying for clasp construction. Does any regular lab putty work or does it need to be special putty?Once injected what is the cooling time before it can be worked on? Dura flex is the material used with its variety of shades? Does it work on similar principals to a hot glue gun? What is the cost of the hotshot? If you don't use all the material that has been loaded can you use it another day?do the dura flex cartridges cost much..
In my denturist clinic I am thinking of using this for the more anterior clasps on my cocr's, will it introduce easily in your opinion?
Looking forward to your responses and any other that you can find
Patrick

Top Bottom