Mounting Stick bites on metal arts

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
What procedures are you guys using to mount stick bites on pinned articulators?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What procedures are you guys using to mount stick bites on pinned articulators?

We have a shelf above the plaster bench at eye level. If no facebow is used we mount via a visual of the stick to the level shelf to the top member of the articulator to set the plane of occlusion.

Its a a pain in the ass not to have it at eye level and techs are lazy and do not like to bend down :)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We have a shelf above the plaster bench at eye level. If no facebow is used we mount via a visual of the stick to the level shelf to the top member of the articulator to set the plane of occlusion.

Its a a pain in the ass not to have it at eye level and techs are lazy and do not like to bend down :)
Thats funny, when I have to spend a day in the model room, I love the part when I kneel down to check the plane, its like a load off for just a moment. And for that moment, you look like your working.

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
ok I pretty much do the same. I use a pencil to mark each side of the stick to see if im level too. Just seeing if there was an easier way out there. Hows it goin Marc, by the way

J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
I should say I make a mark on a pencil with a marker to check each side of the stick- to clarify

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
ok I pretty much do the same. I use a pencil to mark each side of the stick to see if im level too. Just seeing if there was an easier way out there. Hows it goin Marc, by the way
Whats Up Justin! I didn't know you were on here. Spend more time with us will ya.

Last edited:
J

JSnyder85

Reaction score
Will do! Lots of good info on here.