J

justatech

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So our two man crown & bridge dental lab has been fiddling with Exocad for quite a bit and up till now we have been pretty proficient with cad designs. We have a doctor that recently asked us if we have a printer (we don‘t) to essentially eliminate having to continue doing any traditional impressions and of course we responded that we only have the scanner. Since we only design and outsource are prints for copings, zirconia, etc….. can we outsource an intra oral scan for resin models?

Have any of you found this to be successful for your dental lab? Will I need to purchase another dongle? Any great companies in mind?! I hope y’all could help! Thanks in advance :D

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can process design and create the model then send it off to get printed at like Argen, cored3d etc. You may need to call and see if the place printing your model has a profile for Exocad. i know argen is mainly 3shape but also has some things for exocad as well.

I know poeple whom still after hitting an outsource bill of 3k a month continue. Less headaches for them lt the others deal with mill maintenance etc. As long as your billing is structured to include those fees in and your client pay you can run very successfully like that.

J

justatech

Reaction score
You can process design and create the model then send it off to get printed at like Argen, cored3d etc. You may need to call and see if the place printing your model has a profile for Exocad. i know argen is mainly 3shape but also has some things for exocad as well.

I know poeple whom still after hitting an outsource bill of 3k a month continue. Less headaches for them lt the others deal with mill maintenance etc. As long as your billing is structured to include those fees in and your client pay you can run very successfully like that.
Thank you very much for your great advice Sevan! You are are greatly appreciated. I will be making some phone calls soon 😁