Milling Air and Vacuum

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Rol Air 60 gallon 3 hp motor and imes icore ivac
b3b8a1c7289bc8ff23d978c69e3717a2.jpg
1b84907d302f4aee9704f0424ca1a7e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we have the same setup with mill and vac. The ecovac is an awesome vac, did you build up the bottom of the cabinet to support the bofa bag better? Our first bag lasted close to 6 months but tore at the top because the bofa bag is a little short for the eco. Luckily I check it every day.
What's the dB rating on your comp?

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
I think we have the same setup with mill and vac. The ecovac is an awesome vac, did you build up the bottom of the cabinet to support the bofa bag better? Our first bag lasted close to 6 months but tore at the top because the bofa bag is a little short for the eco. Luckily I check it every day.
What's the dB rating on your comp?
Not sure what the dB rating is, I know we switched motors to a lower RPM motor which helped quiet it down, we also put that yellow "exhaust" silencer on top of it, it really isn't too bad. I didn't build up the bottom yet, but I know I should!! But it's a great pair, plenty of air and the Eco vac is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
I absolutely love and highly recommend the Jensen system (Preciso). I don't actually have a sintering oven yet. But, I will most likely buy the Dekema isic. I just milled a 8 unit posterior case and it took me only 1 1/2 hours to design it. It would've took me twice that by hand, and probably would've needed a neck massage afterwards.
Kam, i have a question. Did you look over the contract from Jensen. I just saw yesterday on mine that while the mill is warranted for 1 year, the warranty doesn't cover the spindle, touch plate, bur holder and collet. From the reviews i see that the Jager spindle is good, but it should have manufacture warranty for one year. Thanks, Adrian.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Kam, i have a question. Did you look over the contract from Jensen. I just saw yesterday on mine that while the mill is warranted for 1 year, the warranty doesn't cover the spindle, touch plate, bur holder and collet. From the reviews i see that the Jager spindle is good, but it should have manufacture warranty for one year. Thanks, Adrian.
The spindle is subject to your question, but as for the touch plate and bur holder ...those are consumable items and replacements are included with the mill. maintain the collet as directed and theres nothing that can go wrong. Just keep stuff clean and lubed.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
The spindle is subject to your question, but as for the touch plate and bur holder ...those are consumable items and replacements are included with the mill. maintain the collet as directed and theres nothing that can go wrong. Just keep stuff clean and lubed.
I couldn't find your original post but where did you buy your 5 stage filter you mentioned awhile ago?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I couldn't find your original post but where did you buy your 5 stage filter you mentioned awhile ago?
I got an ATD off Amazon. The regulator/final filter was kind or a piece of junk so I picked up one from Reading Technologies. They actually make a multi stage filter set up thats very similar...wish I had found them first; they seem to be constructed much better. Check your local auto body paint supplier.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I got an ATD off Amazon. The regulator/final filter was kind or a piece of junk so I picked up one from Reading Technologies. They actually make a multi stage filter set up thats very similar...wish I had found them first; they seem to be constructed much better. Check your local auto body paint supplier.
Thank you sir!

B

Bartek Dyszkiewicz

Reaction score
Our lab purchased the Jensen mill recently; I poured over this thread many times to find info for the compressor purchase. Looking forward to have everything running!! So...am sending a big THANK YOU and joined the forum; how do you post a profile pic?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Near the top right you see your name below search. Click it, drop down to "Avatar".

B

Bartek Dyszkiewicz

Reaction score
No such option exists; I assume I need to become a full member.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
There are things you can't do until you do ten posts, like send PM. Post more times and see.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
The desiccant technology is more efficient than refrigerant technology ,I used 2 systems ...
it's more expensive but consumes less air and does'nt emit heat !

the problem is the air temperature at the exit of tank ....

More it's warmer and more you have water in the air and more you must refrigere ... and more you have heat in your room and more you have water in your air ....

:arghh:

How runs this technology ,

http://www.kaeser.com/Images/P-721-ED-tcm8-6721.pdf

Goude luc et faites le bon choix ! ;)

Last edited:
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
just purchased a California air 1740 for under 2k included dryer and auto drain pretty quiet I am happy so far. The iVac twin is good but I was surprised that I have to replace motors not brushes and also filters almost seems like about a couple hundred maybe each year depends on usage. They said the motors are good for about.... we'll see

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Going to revive this thread with another question.
I just bought this big honkin' compressor to replace my little one. I'm hoping I'll have much more peace of mind with it. Now, keep in mind I'm a pretty dumb person so reply as if your talking to a 10 year old. Apparently they don't come with a regulator. So I'm wondering what I need to get and can I please get it at Home Depot or Lowe's?
Next question, what’s the sequence of attaching the stuff? From tank to regulator to coalescing filter to dryer to mill? Or switch the order of the filter and dryer?
I've been calling and emailing the place I bought it from and I think they can smell my stupid and don't want to deal with me.
Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Suction Quadro Ivac getting quadro twin vac for our larger mills.

Main Air compressor is a Atals Copco GX4FF builtin dryer, then i have a mcmaster carr brand non refrigerated dryer right before the mills. I also have a older Dryaire unit which they are no longer around. That is in line after our 60 Gal inline storage tank on the second building which drys the air to 3 ops and another mill. Also getting the Automationdirect inline filters with regulators on each mill for the third added layer. Can't state hoe important it is to have 1000% dry air. I have had spndles and valves fail. Also a huge key to aid in all this are automated electronic dump valves on the bottom of the compressor to open every 20min for a 8 o 10 sec duration. This will dump any built up water in the bottom of the tank.I also have a reserve tank right before the mill and the third dryer right before the mills is on the output of that, this aids in keeping constant air to the mills when everyone is using high speed and stuff, it made a difference.

Auto drain valves are located on the main compressors tank, The spare 60 gallon tank and the dryer on the spare tank.

24119.jpg 20171102_132624.jpg 20191010_140825.jpg 31e2ylitL8L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Suction Quadro Ivac getting quadro twin vac for our larger mills.

Main Air compressor is a Atals Copco GX4FF builtin dryer, then i have a mcmaster carr brand non refrigerated dryer right before the mills. I also have a older Dryaire unit which they are no longer around. That is in line after our 60 Gal inline storage tank on the second building which drys the air to 3 ops and another mill. Also getting the Automationdirect inline filters with regulators on each mill for the third added layer. Can't state hoe important it is to have 1000% dry air. I have had spndles and valves fail. Also a huge key to aid in all this are automated electronic dump valves on the bottom of the compressor to open every 20min for a 8 o 10 sec duration. This will dump any built up water in the bottom of the tank.I also have a reserve tank right before the mill and the third dryer right before the mills is on the output of that, this aids in keeping constant air to the mills when everyone is using high speed and stuff, it made a difference.

Auto drain valves are located on the main compressors tank, The spare 60 gallon tank and the dryer on the spare tank.

View attachment 34243 View attachment 34242 View attachment 34241 View attachment 34244
Thanks Sevan. I do have the timed drains too. Thanks for the time info on those.
So where are you placing your filtered regulators? I'm using this new compressor to do the mill and pressing oven, bench air, and high speeds.
I marked a screen shot of your copco. Auto drain is where I circled in red right? and is you air outlet the smaller red circle I titled? Just not hooked up yet?

1573738602616.png 1573738602616.png

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Also for everyone. What size/capacity(?) regulator? How do i know? Frickin company I bought from is really sucky with follow up support!

Top Bottom