kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Here's a couple of shot of my cheepo flasks for silicone dupe:
_MG_1798.jpg _MG_1800.jpg _MG_1801.jpg

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Since fiber reinforced flasks used primarily for microwaving are not able to take high pressurization (200psi as opposed to 3200 psi for a brass flask) what techniques are you using to ensure complete closure without harming your flasks or opening your bites?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Since fiber reinforced flasks used primarily for microwaving are not able to take high pressurization (200psi as opposed to 3200 psi for a brass flask) what techniques are you using to ensure complete closure without harming your flasks or opening your bites?

I can only speak for the old (pre improved) microwave flasks. I used them for many years. This was right on the heals of using Ivocap for many years so I burst the first two or three microwave flasks like eggshells before i learned you can't treat the plastic flasks like brass ones. The cases turned out just fine. You just trial pack more and don't over do the press pressure.
The new ones I got from Denture Dude and Ken are totally improved from the old ones i remember and have a flask guard to help.
The two i bought on ebay today are Buffalo MC flasks(pg. 39..... please also note Swiss Jet flask for those interested)
I plan on drilling a hole in one of the Buffalo flasks to see about rigging up a way to inject for partials.

http://www.buffalodental.com/Catalog/Catalog.pdf

Last edited:
araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
It takes a good SS commercial food processor to work long and we still have to cut the old molds into slivers not chunks to get it to cut in small pieces and not make little super balls. At about 30% old used as filler will work with few problems. More than that and we have had void problems.

Are there any particular machines that perform better than others? Chopping, Slicing, Julienne, MeatGrinding?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Do you know the average weight of silicone used ? (Gms.)
cheers
:)

That size holds 8oz, so around 230. With model and some chunks of filler I get it down to 200. I get 10 out of 2x1L 1:1, at a cost of $5 a dupe. I can charge enough to profit and nobody whines, it's not as cheep as hydrocolloid, but it's easier, faster, and not as technique sensitive, which on the small scale is a winner for me.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

You just trial pack until the flash is eliminated. The HK ones are a lot more robust, I've never come close to crushing one in a manual press.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
That size holds 8oz, so around 230. With model and some chunks of filler I get it down to 200. I get 10 out of 2x1L 1:1, at a cost of $5 a dupe. I can charge enough to profit and nobody whines, it's not as cheep as hydrocolloid, but it's easier, faster, and not as technique sensitive, which on the small scale is a winner for me.

I generally use 140 - 150 gms each time using standard dental flasks designed for silicone duplicating. I was wondering if the food tubs may improve the cost savings. 2 x 1L works out from $70 upwards here.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I generally use 140 - 150 gms each time using standard dental flasks designed for silicone duplicating. I was wondering if the food tubs may improve the cost savings. 2 x 1L works out from $70 upwards here.
It would for me as well, but my rep offered me a better price for the house brand than is listed.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Hi folks. I was just perusing some listings over on eBay and saw this. I don't know if you all are still looking ottawa not but...

End time: Dec 17, 2011 10:11:13 AM EST

iPhone URL:
NEW ACRON MC TWO MICROWAVABLE FLASKS , 1LB PINK POWDER, AND LIQUID LOT!

Browser URL:
NEW ACRON MC TWO MICROWAVABLE FLASKS , 1LB PINK POWDER, AND LIQUID LOT!

Download eBay Mobile

Sent from my iPhone

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Keep me posted on how the food processor actually worked. I'd love to learn a new trick!

Epic Failure!

I guess if I wanted to hear that thing run for an hour it might have worked. We killed it inside of 10 minutes forcing the material to chop faster.

It was more or less just bouncing around in the container. It was a cheap sub $30 machine so as tom stated I think for this to work it has to be more of a commercial model.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
slow corkscrew meat grinder

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I burned up two coffee grinders. Problem was it did great till it didn't and when the blade gets stuck you can't turn it off fast enough to save the machine.

Tom, are you talking hand turned meat grinder?

Of course, small chuncks are nice but they don't have to be that small. I use Bego's duplicating flasks, usually the small one, and it works out to 100 gm per model. I load chunks around the base insert the stabilizer palate/ center pluggy thing then add more chunks and tap it so they'll fall into place, add more till it's full. Then add the silicone and bench tap and rotate the flask to eliminate voids. I use RAPIDSIL by GARRECO but it's at $114 for 2x1kg

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Are there any particular machines that perform better than others? Chopping, Slicing, Julienne, MeatGrinding?

I don't know the brand, its on the other side of the world from me but I'm betting a local brand that is a copy of something that costs 5 times as much here.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll stick with shears. They work pretty well if you only want to chop up a few molds...

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Corkscrew meat grinders provide torque over speed. There are inexpensive motorized versions out there. Since speed seems to be the enemy after initial chopping, I suggest slow,torque driven grinding rather than high speed chopping in a blender.
Personally, I just cut it up using Fiskars shears.

Top Bottom