Microstar hs and die lube

A

AL1

Reaction score
Anybody using Microstar HS for their gold pfc copings, what die lube are you using and are you cleaning copings with any kind of debubbleiser?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I like Ney the best...No cleaners.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Yetti Lube for pfm and great on emax with HS ... hot oven

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I like Ney the best...No cleaners.

I also use Ney die lube. Have been for 25 years. Have tried many but always go back.I like it because it's water soluble. It seems to work great with Microstar HS which I have been using for nearly 20 years. I do use some cleaner/debubblizer, it's a concoction that I created about 10 years ago. If I told you what it was you probably wouldn't believe me. Most all castings and pressings are bubble free. even tiny ones. I don't plan on changing as it proven itself to me.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I also use Ney die lube. Have been for 25 years. Have tried many but always go back.I like it because it's water soluble. It seems to work great with Microstar HS which I have been using for nearly 20 years. I do use some cleaner/debubblizer, it's a concoction that I created about 10 years ago. If I told you what it was you probably wouldn't believe me. Most all castings and pressings are bubble free. even tiny ones. I don't plan on changing as it proven itself to me.

Dont leave us hanging...what is it???

A

AL1

Reaction score
Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Dont leave us hanging...what is it???

95% water, 5% windex, And a TINY drop of dawn or Ajax grease cutting dish washing detergent put it in a atomizer spray bottle and spray into and onto occ surface of crowns. Just let it set there untouched while mixing investment. When investment has 15 seconds left shake off excess blow out with light air so there is no and i mean no puddles inside. Then use little or no vibration when investing using a 000 brush(microstar HS as it's pretty runny). Been woking like a champ for about 10 years with no problems. AND IT'S CHEAP:D

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Speaking of Microstar, I recently opened a new bottle of special liquid and have had 2 rings pop a large piece off about 1 to 2 mins after placing in oven. I have had this happen before but it's been a long time. I found it was very important to make sure there is air space under the entry hole of the ring so the wax could flow out and not build up pressure. I have never had this happen since I started doing this several years ago.

Is anybody else having this problem? The batch is #5967500174

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
PICT0087.jpg

Here is a photo of it. Crown is on other side so I will still cast it.
PICT0087.jpg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like a moisture, steam issue. After removing the ring do you bench set an additional 2 - 3 min to let moisture escape if this is a speed burnout?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Looks like a moisture, steam issue. After removing the ring do you bench set an additional 2 - 3 min to let moisture escape if this is a speed burnout?

Generally not because this has never been a problem. The HS instructions don't say it's necessary but I have heard it helps. I will defiantly do it in the future and see if it helps.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I always let the steam out before putting it into an oven.
You can see it leave the ring.