Mexican Itero

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
:bandit:Just recieved our latest model from Itero
with a Made In Mexico sticker right on the box
now i am sure from Cadent point of view it is must less expensive to be produced in Mexico
but you know the savings will not be passed on to any of us

Greg Amendola MDT

doug

doug

Reaction score
Noticed that a couple of weeks ago. Wait 'til you get to try and talk to "Princess" at tech support.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Yeah we would occasionaly get the Made in Mexico sticker, but now that Invisilign bought them out all of them have been saying that for the past few weeks.

Hopefully the lab in Illonois recoped his money on all those machines he invested in for Cadent?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I got my first model made in Mexico last week. I'm not thrilled. I made sure that my client was aware of the changes. He was not and definitely expressed concerns as we like to keep work in the good ol USA. I highly suggest making sure the prescribing DDS is made aware. IMO

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
I got my first model made in Mexico last week. I'm not thrilled. I made sure that my client was aware of the changes. He was not and definitely expressed concerns as we like to keep work in the good ol USA. I highly suggest making sure the prescribing DDS is made aware. IMO

yeah i did call both my itero docs-

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Cadent was bought out by Align Technologies. Invisalign has been made in Mexico for years. Why is this a surprise to anyone?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Mark, I was aware that Align Technologies was in Costa Rica. Didn't know the milling was gonna be done in Mexico.

doug

doug

Reaction score
M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
So does that mean the Align Technology company in Costa Rica is different? That's where the docs next door were told their products were being manufactured. I'm just curious. There seems to be some confusion here.

ALIGN TECHNOLOGY COSTA RICA - LA AURORA DE HEREDIA,

Align Technology, Inc.: Information from Answers.com

The people in New Jersey said operations were being moved to Costa Rica. I don't really care, off-shore is off-shore. I'm just trying to sort out the story.

Looks like the designing aka CAD part of it is done in Costa Rica but the manufacturing is done in Juarez

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Cadent was bought out by Align Technologies. Invisalign has been made in Mexico for years. Why is this a surprise to anyone?

Mark, the suprise is the fact that no matter what goes on in this field we are all in, the little guy aka the lab always gets stepped on
try as we all do to take this strictly as a bussines there always has been and always will be some personal connection
like i stated above i have no doubt from Cadent point of view it is must less expensive to be produced in Mexico
but you know the savings will not be passed on to any of us

i was just pointing out that once agian big bussiness does what they want and we are just to accept it

seeing the sticker on the box really hit a nerve with me

i come to work everyday with the best intentions and it is getting harder and harder to see exactly what we are trying to accomplish-

sorry for the rant at the end

Greg Amendola MDT

Last edited:
DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
no apology necessary.

i once apologized to this site for caring about my country. never again.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
i was just pointing out that once agian big bussiness does what they want and we are just to accept it

seeing the sticker on the box really hit a nerve with me

I get it Greg, but until the customer cares, it does little good to bemoan the fact. If you ever want to read a great book, read: "Well Built in America". Harley tried to stop the cheap importation of Japanese motorcycles, but it didn't work. They had to get their act together and rebuild their brand. At that point in time, a new Harley had to have a drip tray under it, right on the showroom floor!

Our labs are dripping on the dentists floor.

We have some work to do, but the damage has been done, so it won't be easy.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
I get it Greg, but until the customer cares, it does little good to bemoan the fact. If you ever want to read a great book, read: "Well Built in America". Harley tried to stop the cheap importation of Japanese motorcycles, but it didn't work. They had to get their act together and rebuild their brand. At that point in time, a new Harley had to have a drip tray under it, right on the showroom floor!

hmmm..

with all due respect.
a crappy product is one thing.
global fair trading practice is another.

S

Shining3DUSA

Reaction score
Does anyone know how accurate the Itero is, and how they determine the accuracy? We asked Cadent after seeing their web siste stating that it is the most accurate scanner in existence (like a used car salesmans BS line),yet the web site contains ZERO specifications. When we asked the Cadent people, they did not have a clue.
While I can understand it may be fairly accurate for a sigle tooth, they have to be using "best fit" and "smoothing" routines as they scan and therefor, would create waffling inaccuracies over several teeth? Any comments?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score

Way to go Mark! Ya just had to bring Harley into the conversation. No drip tray under this one... IMG_5733.jpg
IMG_5733.jpg

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score

Does anyone know how accurate the Itero is, and how they determine the accuracy? We asked Cadent after seeing their web siste stating that it is the most accurate scanner in existence (like a used car salesmans BS line),yet the web site contains ZERO specifications. When we asked the Cadent people, they did not have a clue.
While I can understand it may be fairly accurate for a sigle tooth, they have to be using "best fit" and "smoothing" routines as they scan and therefor, would create waffling inaccuracies over several teeth? Any comments?

As to accuracy. I have done side by side comparisons Itero vs polyvinyl on a few cases the results were always the same. Itero margins were short in some area in comparison. I would not trust Itero in my mouth.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
As to accuracy. I have done side by side comparisons Itero vs polyvinyl on a few cases the results were always the same. Itero margins were short in some area in comparison. I would not trust Itero in my mouth.

really? how odd... i've never found itero margins to be short, nor have any of my dentists. very interesting that you should say this, ejada.

all that aside, in Canada Aurum Group in Calgary has been trying to be the "sole" manufacturing center for iTero since like 4 years ago at least. not sure how successful they've been, knowing a few labs that print and mill their own cadent scans.

in Canada the case scans are sent to Calgary for their modeling, then to the lab for lab review, and back to Calgary for go-ahead. this interim 4-7 day processing is what eats up most of the time on the cases, and is the primary reason why so many people prefer to do their own modeling and milling i think.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
really? how odd... i've never found itero margins to be short, nor have any of my dentists. very interesting that you should say this, ejada.

all that aside, in Canada Aurum Group in Calgary has been trying to be the "sole" manufacturing center for iTero since like 4 years ago at least. not sure how successful they've been, knowing a few labs that print and mill their own cadent scans.

in Canada the case scans are sent to Calgary for their modeling, then to the lab for lab review, and back to Calgary for go-ahead. this interim 4-7 day processing is what eats up most of the time on the cases, and is the primary reason why so many people prefer to do their own modeling and milling i think.

Im told by Itero that this is a DDS technique issue. Odd though the DDS that i have done these with takes beautiful polyvinyl impressions. There is never any questions about his margins with a standard impression.
I suppose it's anyones guess.

Top Bottom