LVI orthotics

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looking to start a discussion on these types of restorations. Hints tips and techniques that you have implemented in your laboratory to fabricate "THIN" strong orthotics.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
John, we do alot of full mouth rehab from orthotics......if you have a case where you're levelling out the bite with minimal opening, and you're establishing that new trajectory with a thin orthotic, the best, easiest, and most patient complient orthotic is to make in Triad as a 1 piece occlusal overlay on all 4 posterior teeth (bilaterally if needed to level out). The doctor bonds it directly onto the occlusal surface. Upon Phase 1 rehab completing, the doctor just preps thru the Triad when needed.

It's a simple description for a very complex treatment.......

The true solution to this treatment is the doctor knowing how to take a proper bite that the patient's body wants to function @.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, we do alot of full mouth rehab from orthotics......if you have a case where you're levelling out the bite with minimal opening, and you're establishing that new trajectory with a thin orthotic, the best, easiest, and most patient complient orthotic is to make in Triad as a 1 piece occlusal overlay on all 4 posterior teeth (bilaterally if needed to level out). The doctor bonds it directly onto the occlusal surface. Upon Phase 1 rehab completing, the doctor just preps thru the Triad when needed.

The true solution to this treatment is the doctor knowing how to take a proper bite that the patient's body wants to function @.[/QUOTE]

Here is the key!

I don't do a bunch of them and truthfully the removable ones we make are a pain in the ass to do it the "LVI" way I just would love to find a hard enough acrylic that will flex a bit with out having too much bounce or is to soft and will wear out too fast.

I am injecting one right now with IVOCAP and will see how pissed I am by the end of the day,

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I have a C&B friend wax some up now and either use acetyl with hi expansion stone basically like a snap on which cannot be added to or repaired. ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_th_IMG_1649.jpg
Or I use Vynachon Microfit in tooth color, it is hypoallergenic, flexes a little DDS can adjust and when misses or over does it can be added to or repaired. I have seen them used max 18 months. Guy thought it was the bridge and didn't come back until it broke. DDS had temp cemented it on. It is the old fashion press pack though. CDM fine scratch remover brings it to a bridge like shine. ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_th_IMG_2115.jpg

How will the Ivocap look I didn't know they had tooth colored material, but I bet U could get the capsules from Doug at Astron & use either the Vinylcron or Astrons' tooth colored vinyl splint material, that would have great flex & it may not be hard but is slippery. & I believe Doug has a composit to repair or add to it with.
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_th_IMG_1649.jpg ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_th_IMG_2115.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
John,I plan to do one with my pmma material.Just waiting for pt approval.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score

The true solution to this treatment is the doctor knowing how to take a proper bite that the patient's body wants to function @.[/QUOTE]

Here is the key!

John, the quality of the material isn't that crucial when the patient only wears it for a short time to establish a new function. The key during this period is that the doc bonds it directly so the flex, thickness, strength isn't a big deal. The big deal is working out the new mandible position with a minimal thickness material.

I don't do a bunch of them and truthfully the removable ones we make are a pain in the ass to do it the "LVI" way I just would love to find a hard enough acrylic that will flex a bit with out having too much bounce or is to soft and will wear out too fast.

I am injecting one right now with IVOCAP and will see how pissed I am by the end of the day,

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Hi John why do'nt you do like bill wayde from lvi, 1mm vacuum forming with cold cure acrylic from GREAT LAKES DENTAL SUPLY, i use same materials but diferent technik.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Eclipse is what we use i think. we tried making some with clear pmma but customers didnt really like them despite how nice and thin they were (are).

since theyve gone out of my CAD room i can't particularly pinpoint what the current material is but from what i recall its called Eclipse.

anyway we still make bondable fixed orthotics in milled PMMA though. shaded if requested.