Want To Buy Looking to purchase a used injection system !!

roque1976

roque1976

Reaction score
I am a small 1 man denture lab north of Tampa coming up on my first year in business. I need to add flexible partials to my Lab. I have 1 doctor that 9 out of 10 cases is a flexible. I am losing too much money outsourcing these finishes. Am not sure but from what I have read I believe you can use the Success Injection for everything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
* Ultimately I would like to purchase a used success inection system if that would work for everything from duraflex, valplast, Tcs and or all types of acrylic or a used valplast injection system.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am a small 1 man denture lab north of Tampa coming up on my first year in business. I need to add flexible partials to my Lab. I have 1 doctor that 9 out of 10 cases is a flexible. I am losing too much money outsourcing these finishes. Am not sure but from what I have read I believe you can use the Success Injection for everything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
* Ultimately I would like to purchase a used success inection system if that would work for everything from duraflex, valplast, Tcs and or all types of acrylic or a used valplast injection system.
Shy away from the sucess system if you can.

It's somewhat like a farm tractor diesel engine on a minivan with a racing transmission/axle ratio and a class3 towing receiver. It can attempt many things and do none of them well.

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
If you know the melting temps and hold times of the materials then honestly you can use any brand of injection system as long as the cartridges fit the furnace. Some materials you can by in a bulk container and pour into empty cartridges that you can purchase. I've had good results with success injection system but for what it is, it's not worth the price. Even a used price may cost what another brand would be new (and will not have a warranty). I have the TCS hydraulic injector. It's practically the same thing and does well for me. I've injected all of TCS different materials, Valplast, Visiclear/Duraflex, and Duracetal no problem.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For less than 1 Kilobuck you can buy new and complete TCS manual injection system and some materials. Manual like a bigboy press, turn a handle instead of pushed by air or electrically managed hydraulics.

A huge part is do you have experience with either a Nylon or Acetyl resin system. They both have slightly different quirks , especialy for adding or repairing, and neither can be handled like doing presspacking. If you have TCS or Valplast experience it will communicate from one to the other. Duraflex being Acetyl resin will have differences that may trip you if Nylon is all you've used.

Take the course for the system you choose if at all reasonably possible. Doing so will also get you listed on the website as an approved lab along with a nifty sheet of paper at which to point.

Be sure to "Choose Wisely" like Indiana Jones. Not just financially.

roque1976

roque1976

Reaction score
I absolutely appreciate the advice and will most definitely take a course as well. I am not about doing shotty work. I have always steered clear of nylons in the past and could get away with it when I worked for someone else now the time has come where I am outsourcing way too much and could just kick myself in the arse for not learning more about them.

roque1976

roque1976

Reaction score
I appreciate the advice and would definitely like to get something that did valplast too. I am just outsourcing way too much now and it would be more beneficial to keep those extra 8 -10 finishes under my own roof for a bigger profit margin.

If you know the melting temps and hold times of the materials then honestly you can use any brand of injection system as long as the cartridges fit the furnace. Some materials you can by in a bulk container and pour into empty cartridges that you can purchase. I've had good results with success injection system but for what it is, it's not worth the price. Even a used price may cost what another brand would be new (and will not have a warranty). I have the TCS hydraulic injector. It's practically the same thing and does well for me. I've injected all of TCS different materials, Valplast, Visiclear/Duraflex, and Duracetal no problem.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
A Yankee north of Tampa? I dont believe it! Welcome!

I had good success with the myerson flexpress. Pricey but you can find them used for around $1000

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Hello
I personally use the Myerson Flexpress.
I recently bought a different brand injection machine from a local lab that closed.
I don't know much about it, it looks like it's in perfect working condition, it comes with a box of empty cartridges.
I can add a flask with it.
I will add some pics, maybe some DLN fellows here can shed some light on it's functions.
Please PM me if interested.

IMG-0970.JPG IMG-0971.JPG IMG-0972.JPG IMG-0973.JPG IMG-0012.JPG IMG-0013.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i would go for a Flexpress by myerson, or eat the extra cost for 20sec injections with a snowrock injection. we LOOOOOOOOOOVE our snowrock!!!

**edit** both flexpress and snowrock can inject any materials.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello
I recently bought a different brand injection machine from a local lab that closed.
I don't know much about it, it looks like it's in perfect working condition, it comes with a box of empty cartridges.
I will add some pics, maybe some DLN fellows here can shed some light on it's functions.

View attachment 30233 View attachment 30234 View attachment 30235 View attachment 30236 View attachment 30237 View attachment 30238
A lab I used to work at used this machine for TCS. It worked well as far as I know.

roque1976

roque1976

Reaction score
Hello

I appreciate the thought bud but I have had a change of heart and am going to buy new and am looking to get either the myerson flexpress for now or just go with the manual Tcs system. It all depends on pricing from a few more distributors. In a perfect world I would have the snowrock system but that one is definitely out of my budget this year anyways.

View attachment 30233 View attachment 30234 View attachment 30235 View attachment 30236 View attachment 30237 View attachment 30238

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
No sweat my friend, you won't go wrong If you go with the Myerson flexpress.
it's the best IMHO, I use it with Myerson products, TCS, and Valplast, I rarely ever have any problems with it.
Let me know if you need any help with it.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
No sweat my friend, you won't go wrong If you go with the Myerson flexpress.
it's the best IMHO, I use it with Myerson products, TCS, and Valplast, I rarely ever have any problems with it.
Let me know if you need any help with it.
do you have the temperature and melt times for the tcs or valplast material in Flexpress. I think everyone having a flexpress is scrambling for a second source. Myself included. Thanks in advance.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Did I sell you my flexpress if I recall eddydy? Maybe not, they are a great machine, all the temps are preloaded.