Looking for a New System.....

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Martin thanx a lot for your information, and also I have to thank you for that offering me a demo for 14 unit full arch, BUT if you are in U.S. I'm on the other side of the planet :) I'm in Macedonia but thanks again and keep in touch, before I decide..
BTW, Can I scan a 14 unit full arch, off course with a perfect SHOULDER Preparation (how you say it, maybe Decortication. No mater, i think that we understood each others) and send it to you as a STL file and than to check how its going to fit the margine?

Thanks again.

You mean FYRM (former yugoslavia republic of macedinia) can otherwise might drizzt be sorry :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
HAAS@!@!!!#$%%

Fok those little machines for Ti and CrCo!

Never going to be profitable in the long run.

Bars fit excellent and never had a remake to date due to fit.

We have finally dialed-in most ALL abutment milling from piece of raw Ti.

Tooling options are unlimited for the larger Industrial
First of all, i wasn't too sure in which forum category this belonged, so i chose this one.

i'll keep this short and simple. 3 years ago i purchased the Sirona inLab Cerec MXCL, and needless to say, there have been many of heartache and headache that has come along with it in the past 3 years as well. It has served it's purpose, and now it's time to move on to big and better things. i'm looking for a new system and here are some requirements i'd like. any suggestions would be helpful.
  • An open system. (Truly open.) I'd like to mix and match my scanner and/or milling unit and i'd like for them to work together seamlessly.
  • I'd like to also use this scanner to scan removables as well. I'd like to eventually scan for metal partials and send the files to have printed out in wax/plastic.
  • I would like for the new milling unit to be able to mill metal. I'm trying to eliminate waxing inside the lab and i would like to mill directly to metal rather than milling in wax, spruing, investing, casting, de-vesting, etc....

Want to mill some metal?

HAAS!

I make money on mine. It works excellent. Bought another....being built now.

Forget the Imes, and Gaytron. They are not the correct tool for that job.

Trust me! I know. Not just guessing or talking smack either.

Look at Glidwell, CMC, Me and others that actually make money doing this.

HAAS.....Whoop-a55 on any other mills mentioned in this thread.

Tyler, We are the Ones who can mill bars with SUM3d.....Nobody else in the US that I know of!

You bought from inexperienced people with false claims. (dumb-a55!)

You have the wrong mill as well. Too bad.

We are now finishing developing the new SUM3d "Replace" feature directly with Italy for even better results with abutments and bars. It replaces any and all implant bottom interface with your own CAD library and matching CNC milling strategy. It would take me a few hours to explain it all here, but this is how you do it buddy~!! We are THE FIRST to develop the library and strategys. Do you know this? Can you believe it? LOL

Good luck trying to get that support from your reseller. Should have stuck with me!
You'd be cranking out some money with a new HAAS if that were the case. Same cost!
Nobody in the US can work that CAM like we can. I promise you! I had it first in the US and spend a bazillion hours and $$ trying to master open CAM software, as it relates to Dental.
This is the brains behind the mill. Mill is worthless without it. (As you are now finding out)

Stupid!

Last edited:
biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if Origin will be selling the HASS mill ? I saw some Chicago lectures with the Hass name.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
I respectfully recommend you check out our solutions which include the VersaMILL 5X.
Take a look through our web-site, I think you will find it time well spent: www.axsysdental.com
Best
Steve
http://www.axsysdental.com

PromotionalImageWrestorations500x500_zpsbf2178b6.jpg

Rrestorations_zps938367d2.jpg

VersaMILLGutShots_zps7f4d41c1.jpg

VersaMILLGutShots2_zpsdcc89a40.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I respectfully recommend you check out our solutions which include the VersaMILL 5X.
Take a look through our web-site, I think you will find it time well spent: www.axsysdental.com
Best
Steve

PromotionalImageWrestorations500x500_zpsbf2178b6.jpg

Rrestorations_zps938367d2.jpg

VersaMILLGutShots_zps7f4d41c1.jpg

VersaMILLGutShots2_zpsdcc89a40.jpg

Maybe some work at the datasheet which span which position accuracy and which position repeatability and which concentricity accuracy at the end of the tool.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if Origin will be selling the HASS mill ? I saw some Chicago lectures with the Hass name.

I would be glad to build you a HAAS.

Why buy from Origin? What do they know about building a HAAS??

Why not consider someone who actually uses One and knows how to do it?

Origin does not have experience with the bars and One piece abutments in regards to the actual mill, or the CAM.

They only support closed-system of milling pre-milled blanks for abutments. You have to buy the blanks from them.

$130K for 5-axis mill OM2-a, plus $15k for the CAM. One year warranty on the machine and support.

I have approval from HAAS to do this. I don't think Origin could do this for you.

Industrial tooling solution = better results and longer tool life.

HAAS has 20 station tool holder, and all tools can be any size shank you want. Mix and match. 1/8", 5/16", 3/4" Imperial tooling, or any size Metric tools from 1mm up to 10mm shank! You absolutly need that flexibility when attempting to mill bars or abutments. We use over Ten different tools to cut One bar. None have a common size shank. We would not be able to mill the bars on any other mill as efficiently as we do now with the HAAS.

This very important feature is not found on any imes, or datron, or versamill, or any others mentioned on this site.

Then, add Auto Central Lubrication system for the rails and bearings. This puts the HAAS in another catagory beyond most other mills. Controller is very nice. Parts super easy and fast to get if needed. Haas is the Worlds largest Machine tool manufacture. Right here in USA!

I bought myself a second HAAS last week....being built for me now.

Scotty

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I will correct myself.

The Datron does have Industrial tooling, but lacking real flood-coolant wet-milling.

Never heard of anyone milling Ti dry before, or with that little spit of mist.

Fixture just One choice for the D5. Only disks, which are expensive for Ti!

I prefer to use much much cheaper square or rectangular shape Ti.

It is 1/10th the cost of disks. We use a very high quality German vise and Tool-steel gripper to hold the square Ti stock.

Greatly reduces tool chatter, vibrations and harmonics!

Datron does not seem to measure the diameter of the tool, and that is an option with my HAAS.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Scott, I will need to create enough demand before I jump into any mill with bar capabilities, I was thinking of outsourcing this service at the beginning so if you pm a good offer I'll give it a try. See you in Chicago. :)

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the kava engine can be interfaced with another scanner easily and is the mill any good. Also are they reliable And worth buying used I have the chance of buying one.
Thanks for any advice
Chris

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
John, I have looked at that same one before. Wicked piece of equipment;) I'm too small time for that kind of tech. :(

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

About $800,000 with all the bells and whistles. I went to DMG open house event and checked out their stuff. AMAZING, but just too expensive! The quote was absurdly too high for me.

The DMG 20 is a better value, but I still think too expensive for Dental myself..?

We have One in my State up North....Another guy on this site has One as well..

I have a funny Story!

Korean lab bought the DMG 20.....Installed on 2nd story of a house!!

They added a bunch of extra bracing to the structure of the house (Converted into lab)

After a while, the mill almost leveled the house!!@ They had to relocate the mill to another place! LOL

My HAAS will also shake an entire Medical building! Sounds/feels like an earthquake, or Bulldozer driving by!

I altered the CNC controller to reduce the wild G-forces created during tiny hole finishing. (Small circular motion very fast!)

The mill would get into a rhythm and set-up waves that build and build transferred to the concrete floor!

I freaked out the first time I felt it! Came running into the room where the miil was thinking it was on self-destruct mode or something?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the kava engine can be interfaced with another scanner easily and is the mill any good. Also are they reliable And worth buying used I have the chance of buying one.
Thanks for any advice
Chris

No. I have One, and do not use it anymore. I bought it used just to experiment with 5-axis CAM with my employees only as educational exercise.

You want it?? LOL I had it on ebay, but refused to sell it to the winning bidder. I was hoping to have a current owner of the KaVo buy it. Did not want to sell to a Noob as their first mill. I even had that clearly stated in the auction description, but people bid on it anyways.

The winner sent me payment via PayPal...I returned it. Then, the idiot sent me the money again and demanded to that he will pick it up in a few days!

I re-sent him refund for 2nd time and kindly told him NOT to try and send the $$ a Third time, and do NOT come and try and pick it up. LOL

I did not need the money, only needed the space.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Scott, I will need to create enough demand before I jump into any mill with bar capabilities, I was thinking of outsourcing this service at the beginning so if you pm a good offer I'll give it a try. See you in Chicago. :)

I had Zero Ti work when I bought my mill. So what? Just go get some work after you are up and running.

I do not think I will ever attend the Chicago show. Never had in the past 25yrs....why start now?

I feel I already know everything that will be there anyways. LOL

Chicago in Mid-Winter...?? Um...No Thanks!!

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
You are right about the Ti work, and I'll do something about it this year. Meanwhile, what is your average fee for a TI bar "IF" I'm able to design it?
We'll miss you at the Mid-Winter show but I have plans to go visit your lab this year, so we'll talk then. Thank you once again and happy new year for all your staff.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
CAMJAMMER

CAMJAMMER

Reaction score
I have a DMG mori-seki 5 axis mill, I would like to mill some dental titanium parts on. I am looking for a lab with design capabilities who will work with me.
I would be willing to build the required fixtures and supply tooling and inspection, at no cost. Before considering buying an expensive piece of equipment such as this, it would be better to test the waters a bit. No?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Talk to Arnie @ TruCrown.

He also has a DMG.

He is in Pennsylvania and came from same field as you.

Or, pack-up your stuff and come down to Richmond, VA and work with me. ??

Scotty

Top Bottom