looking for a milling center

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I am have just recently started to offer full contour zirconia crowns. my plan is to find a milling center that can scan my models until i invest in a scanner. I have tried a few milling centers and have had pretty good results, the fit has bee great with one center in particular. the problem that I have is that the designers they have are not technicians. It is really an inefficient process to have to try and redesign a every crown over the phone.

can some of you please suggest a milling center that would be able to suit my needs?

I am located in South Carolina.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Right up 95 is *** (Scott). Click Here He's a member on here and has done a lot of work for me with great results.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Come on up and play!

My parents have five empty bedrooms and one of them is sweet!
On a lake. We can go boating down the James River and mill and scan and print things.

Little Brother has a C.O.S. we can beat on at any time.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ya never know.

My Dad taught C&B and knows just about every Dentist in a 300mile radius.

Also worked for Delta Dental and visited many Dental offices in the Mid-Atlantic, including SC.

My Dad had all Dentists in the area go to SC twice a year for Dental Golf retreat.
We as a family spent many many months in SC.

My little brother married a Brazilian Dentist and they live near SC. She knows hundreds of Dentists because she is Temp Hygentist for past decade or more and bounces around.

Other Brother is Dentist. I know every lab anywhere near me, and they all visit regularly. I quit working for Dentists, so I would not be your competition. I hope you do well actually.

You would have nothing to gain by visiting. LOL

My lab closes for a week each year and we all go to SC. LOVE IT!

Parents have a rather large empty house. Is it creepy to invite a stranger that like?

Come on, he's from SC!

Last edited:
Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Only kidding - Scott would be a good starting point for you - sometime in the future, you will have to crush his dreams by buying a 3Shape, cause the new ST is still not released. But handy to have someone semi local and well experienced - the most important thing is not the scanner you eventually buy, it's the support you get.

C

CMC_Tommy

Reaction score
You can also utilize Custom Milling Center. I would be glad to help you out. We do have CDTs doing the design work on the Dental Wings Scanners as well at the 3Shape Scanners, but most of the FCZr designs are done on the 3Shape. 800-933-6455. I would glad to send you out a starter kit as well as free sample of our Pearl Product.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Those guys are good too!

Cheers!

(3M Scanner ?? Where the **** is it?)

We are getting a Bad-ass, Haas 5-axis mill in the next few weeks.
5HP 3.9kW spindle that can shred up some sh1t in a hurry.

Be glad to reverse engineer any item you may bring with you and mill it in any material you choose. (under 12" cubed)

Last edited: