For Sale Life change

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Well considering a life change. Northern Colorado has been great but as I age winters are getting harder on the old guy. Looking at some more southern (warmer) options. This leaves me with what to do with my current lab. Move it or sell it??
It’s small about 200 units a month. I only do crown and bridge but previously had a full service lab. Own the building ( well with a mortgage.). Have 2 tenants down stairs. It could be a great opportunity for an ambitious younger or older tech. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Just starting the thinking on options
Ejada

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'd love a life change to. Does that help?😂

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We moved two years ago 5000 km's south... a complete life change. Was retired for like 10 months, felt a bit bored ... nowadays got a good life-work balance, happier than pigs in mud Biggrin If that helps

happy pig.jpg

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well considering a life change. Northern Colorado has been great but as I age winters are getting harder on the old guy. Looking at some more southern (warmer) options. This leaves me with what to do with my current lab. Move it or sell it??
It’s small about 200 units a month. I only do crown and bridge but previously had a full service lab. Own the building ( well with a mortgage.). Have 2 tenants down stairs. It could be a great opportunity for an ambitious younger or older tech. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Just starting the thinking on options
Ejada
Any ideas on where you're headed and if you're planning the retirement route or just the wind down?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Been looking at Missouri and Texas but no decision yet. Still open to warmer winters less people maybe.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Been looking at Missouri and Texas but no decision yet. Still open to warmer winters less people maybe. Would love to find a lower cost of living for my last decade.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How many other techs? Nobody wants to take over running the ship? I assumed that was the only out for a small lab..or NDX acquisition..

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Just myself and my son. And i think he’d move where ever I go. I had two other employees but both moved on last year. It would be buying a job. I bought it ten years ago when I moved here. It’s a great area with lots of opportunity but I know what you’re saying. It’s been good for me. Could be good for another also I believe.

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Im in the same boat, I dont want to shovel snow in my retirement years, not that I will ever retire.

Go down to TN and team up with sideboob!
Have considered TN but all our family is more west. I’m actually the furthest east. I guess there aren’t many younger experienced techs looking to be their own boss. Ya lots of work but I can’t imagine being an employee. After almost 30 years as an owner I’m glad I made that choice. Not an easy rd but satisfying in may ways. I think I can be an asset to a smaller area still. I started my 45th year as a tech in April.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
You've got plenty left in you. I hit 50 this year in May. Love digital.

Thank you Doug I appreciate the good news. I agree. I’m not ready to stop yet but slowing down a little bit would be nice. I’d like to golf more.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You've got plenty left in you. I hit 50 this year in May. Love digital.
Digital has been a lifesaver, a career saver (longevity) for me. It has taken a lot of the stress and time-consuming labor out of my life. And as with you, I enjoy it. 44 years here :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Im in the same boat, I dont want to shovel snow in my retirement years, not that I will ever retire.

Go down to TN and team up with sideboob!
can i steal you both?! i just expanded the lab since you were here and we have added a bunch of new equipment!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Have considered TN but all our family is more west. I’m actually the furthest east. I guess there aren’t many younger experienced techs looking to be their own boss. Ya lots of work but I can’t imagine being an employee. After almost 30 years as an owner I’m glad I made that choice. Not an easy rd but satisfying in may ways. I think I can be an asset to a smaller area still. I started my 45th year as a tech in April.
that is understandable. i ended up coming back east after living out west because most of my family is closer east. plus the east coast mountains look better anyway :D

if you ever reconsider, come visit! might have a chair here for you and affinity!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have never been to Tennessee, but I’ve always wanted to see it. If I were to get out there, I would definitely swing by and see ya sounds like fun. All of the old techs on DLN should have a get together somewhere we could talk about how crazy the industry in the world has gotten.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have never been to Tennessee, but I’ve always wanted to see it. If I were to get out there, I would definitely swing by and see ya sounds like fun. All of the old techs on DLN should have a get together somewhere we could talk about how crazy the industry in the world has gotten.
that would be outstanding! what a good time we would all have. drinks, laughs, probably tears haha!

doug

doug

Reaction score
sidesh0w, I thought you were coming down for the FDLA symposium last month. I was looking forward to meeting you.