License

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
What kind of license we need for a Digital Dental Lab. Planning on opening a digital design dental lab.. thanks in advance. Im in florida by the way

doug

doug

Reaction score
You need a business license for the city and county where you have the business. You need to register with the Florida Department of Health. Also, it would be really nice if you join the FDLA FDLA.net.

K

KISSDentalArts

Reaction score
You need a business license for the city and county where you have the business. You need to register with the Florida Department of Health. Also, it would be really nice if you join the FDLA FDLA.net.
Hey Doug, maybe you can answer my question on this- I've been looking into the requirements for a lab that is housed within an established doctors office vs externally, as I'm in the process of setting this up now and we're getting close to being able to produce fixed work. Our doctor currently runs 3 offices in separate cities locally and has growth plans for adding more in the future, he currently balances his time at all offices depending on the workload.

I am having some difficulty determining if we require licensing due to the situation, the way I interpret the FL rules and regulations for this is that because we are not external to the office and are only (currently) doing work for our doctors in the offices owned by our doctor, the license isn't required. However, we would eventually consider accepting external work if that was within our boundaries. And we have discussed eventually being in a building next to, but not literally inside of the office, just simply attached to the same building with a wall between the two, possibly a door as a go between, ideally with separate addresses for easier logistics purposes.

I want to be sure our foundation is solid as far as all regulations are concerned. I am a stickler for having everything in the right order to avoid complications that could have been avoided from jump.