Lava Ultimate

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Anyone got some input on Lava Ultimate?? Suppose to be high in flexural strength ( no idea how much) easy to cut off if needed and does not need firing. Add ons are made with light cure and also staining. It is still considered all porcelain due to the nature of the light cure materials. That is all I know about this?
Please enlighten me.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
It is a glorified temporary to me. It's a mixture of zirconium and a (nano composite material) I think nano composite material, don't quote me on that one. But it is suppose to flex like a trampoline so it bounces and gives instead of being rigid.

You are correct it doesn't need firing, it is just milled out and good to go. As of now I am not big on it and it kinda scares me but who knows it might be the next best thing since sliced bread.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So, how does a non-flexible Cement stick to a flexible resin?

What about drinking HOT coffee and soup?

Wouldn't the material become super soft?

I have Five blocks I'm going to widdle down and beat them up in the lab to test for myself.

I am curious how it will react when 180 degrees.

I bet it will deform quite a bit.

Anyone?

Every plastic I have even seen does this.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
So, how does a non-flexible Cement stick to a flexible resin?

It doesn't, for very long.

You need the "special" cement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

C

charles007

Reaction score
And how do you make the stains stick for years and years lol

Who will want only a polished crown ? only the inhouse mills the doctors buy to use this material...and no firing time needed in the porcelain oven ..
I think this could be the start of a second generation 3M Cerec machine... another material to use rather than a lab made crown...

Last edited:
Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Actually i just had a hands on course on it, i liked it. It is pretty much only good for a very few select cases where esthetics are not a concern and there is plenty of room. I wouldn't use it on a demanding patient. The plus side of it is that you can add on with scotch guard bond and curing light and it will stay and it looks very good from what i saw. The stains not so much, they pretty much said they won't stay a long time so that's why it's best for only the back of the mouth. If you need a anterior crown it pretty much will become a temp. It is softer as well than emax so it's easy to adjust and polish chair side. They seemed to be wanting to sell it for implants because it's a softer material and what they said "shock absorption properties" so it should be easier on implants. If this is all true and if they have data to back it up is anyones guess. I'll tell you this i would rather have one of those in my mouth and a full contour Zirconia actuall is there any tech here that has any full contours in their mouth?? Either way i found it promising and if you do a Ultimate one of the things they stressed was to use Rocotech to sandblast it to increase the bond strength.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't, for very long.

You need the "special" cement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK, so how do you get "Special-flexible" cement to stick to a rigid tooth?

Something does not add up. At a certian point, we need something to stop flexing, or leakage will be terrible, no?

Charles, what do you mean "Maybe the Start?" Who do you think started and owns a large portion of the E4D?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Who says it has to be used for crown and bridge?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We make toys with it then? Like McDonalds figures?

Maybe air-soft gun ammo?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Whatever!

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thinking_outside_the_box_thumb-manufacturing_and_processing-hero.jpg.aspx

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we have only gotten a few orders for them - i think the concept is cool, but i have no idea why this would be good - maybe for a screw retained restoration.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I'm getting a couple in my own mouth. This is going to be big, and there are a handful of even better ones coming out soon.

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
I'm getting a couple in my own mouth. This is going to be big, and there are a handful of even better ones coming out soon.

The paradigm shift is coming, best to be prepared for it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

Jackson is always looking for an angle to promote/market.

I have always thought of you like a nascar team owner selling ad space.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I don't think you have a big mouth and I'm sorry to hear that you have some extractions scheduled soon! Why the good ones ?

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Let's look at the system as a whole for a minute: with dental ceramics if there is a chip, crack, fracture, it's almost always a catastrophic failure especially on large cases. More often than not the entire case has to be redone as these cases are unserviceable, unrepairable, and often unretrievable. When you get into a fender-bender are you forced to go out and buy a new car? Yet here we are in dentistry doing the same thing for 50 years and patting ourselves on the back for providing restorations that are unserviceable, unrepairable, and unretrievable. Would this be acceptable in the engineering world?

Rick

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just hope it's more successful than the electric car.

Top Bottom