Lava Plus?

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Bob and Scot. After reading your questions and early sumations about Lava Plus, i had to chime in.

1after beta testing plus, i thought it was by far the most translucent,and u have to have a stumpf shade on dark preps.-- remember folks!!!!
2\ Scot always has a better something, even if its not.
3 ur right ,neither 3 m or jensen have a clue about pricing,which drives me completley insane.

hammerheads are casual eaters

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob could you post a pic of your post sintered fcz beside a L+ fcz crown ?

Here you go. I milled the same STL file in Lava Plus milled in my Lava mill (on left) and CAP FZ milled in a Roland (right).
Bob Plus CAP FZ.jpg
Plus CAP FZ.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Bob, what do you think about the translucency comparison?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Tough to tell. I have not had enough experience with the plus. Only produced a dozen crowns. My gut feeling is there is some learning curve for the product. We do have the ability to mill a small flat blank and put it in a light box and measure the translucent. I think this will be worth doing.
Bob

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
From that picture there doesn't seem to be much difference in translucency.

Can you post a pre stained pic?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
You can definitely tell the Lava has that distinct Lava Color.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yes, Pre-stained Lava Plus on left CAP FZ on right
presintered.jpg
presintered.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Call me sceptical but unless it looks as translucent as an Emax crown then what's all the hype about?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Call me sceptical but unless it looks as translucent as an Emax crown then what's all the hype about?

Depends on which e.max material you are talking about. I think the e.max HT is too translucent.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can stain and glaze an Emax LT and get a good result. The incisal can be translucent enough to avoid a high value occlusion with minimal staining.

Do you think the Lava Plus is comparable to an LT?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I don't think Lava plus is as opaque as e.max LT.
Bob

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
How does your Cap zir compare to emax LT ?

Firt of all, we really never use the LT glass. Its way too opaque. To me, e.max LT is a need to be layered only product. In a monolithic state CAP FZ is considerably more esthetic and translucent.
We would be happy to send you a free CAP FZ finished sample crown. Just go to the website and provide you info for shipping.
CAP Incorporated: Custom Automated Prosthetics, Dental Implant Abutments, Lava Zirconia Frameworks, Outsource Abutment
Bob

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
All good comments Bob...

I have done about 10 Lava+ crowns now, and you are right, there is a bit of a learning curve. I dropped my temp to the recommended 1450, and I have been playing with staining methods to get a better result. So far, Im pretty happy with the material, and with the rebate given on the single units, my per crown price will be $18.50/unit. Add labor on both sides and I'm looking at ~$35/unit. Im selling them at $120 so I'm happy with my margin there.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
All good comments Bob...

I have done about 10 Lava+ crowns now, and you are right, there is a bit of a learning curve. I dropped my temp to the recommended 1450, and I have been playing with staining methods to get a better result. So far, Im pretty happy with the material, and with the rebate given on the single units, my per crown price will be $18.50/unit. Add labor on both sides and I'm looking at ~$35/unit. Im selling them at $120 so I'm happy with my margin there.

Still material cost is too high brought to you from GGGreedy 3M

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Depends on which e.max material you are talking about. I think the e.max HT is too translucent.

Depends on the patient. I see HTs blen beautifully all the time. You really hav to see them in the mouth and pick up the under chroma.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
so your cap zirconia is more translucent than e.max lt?!? r you thinking e.max MO? if more translucent I will send you a file tomorrow

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
so your cap zirconia is more translucent than e.max lt?!? r you thinking e.max MO? if more translucent I will send you a file tomorrow

I believe I said that CAP FZ is more translucent than monolithic e.max LT. No question, the HT is more translucent than our Zi and most natural teeth as well.
Again, go to the link above and ill send you a free finished sample of CAP FZ. No strings attached.
Bob
B

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Request form doesn't have a submit button.