Lang denture duplicator

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Hi Gang,
I am getting ready to duplicate a denture using the Lang denture duplicator. Whats the best way to do this technique to duplicate a denture? Thanks!

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Depends on what you need. If you are doing it to get a 'custom' tray then I'd use all clear ortho material. If you're doing it to get a 'spare' denture then Langs' Jet tooth acrylic and a flowable denture cold cure (repair) material. My tech has become real good at doing these and she does them in one step. Salt and pepper the teeth in and then mix and pour the base in and close it up and put it in the pressure pot. Of course here we don't use the Langs' duplicator as we have hydrocolliod readily available. We use a 'pour' flask.

alh4.googleusercontent.com__dN32NxT_ME4_SiF5aiMwOFI_AAAAAAAAA0o_XQLrxsk_gq4_s400_P1010001.JPG
alh4.googleusercontent.com__dN32NxT_ME4_SiF5aiMwOFI_AAAAAAAAA0o_XQLrxsk_gq4_s400_P1010001.JPG

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
What's the going rate for a duplicate denture, made with Jet acrylic and pour base?
Maybe something I should offer.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Around Chicago area if the dup is done with a new denture as a spare around $125. If done on an old denture with a reline the reline plus $140. is pretty common. Sometimes the DDS doesn't want the original relined but as I process on hydrocal model the reline makes it easier to separate the denture from the stone model, in a Fricke flask. & I use Fricke HI-I tooth acrylic with Denplus ORI.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Around Chicago area if the dup is done with a new denture as a spare around $125. If done on an old denture with a reline the reline plus $140. is pretty common. Sometimes the DDS doesn't want the original relined but as I process on hydrocal model the reline makes it easier to separate the denture from the stone model, in a Fricke flask. & I use Fricke HI-I tooth acrylic with Denplus ORI.

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
I use Fricke HI-I tooth acrylic with Denplus ORI.

Yes ive been looking for a better more aestitic tooth shade accrylic for this. I get these all the time and also use the colloid method for a spare denture. Ive also used lab putty to make 2 part matrix in a denture flask and pressed packed and heat cured them. The teeth don't look as good as an original with quality denture teeth and I have dentists and patients who want an "exact duplicate". how does the fricke tooth acrylic look compared to quality denture teeth (ipn or such) and Have you ever thought about or used light cure composite for the denture teeth if so, what material could be used? hmmmm

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I use Langs. It helps a lot to do some layering with incisal edge and sometimes a darker cervical. We do the inciasl all the time. The darker; not so much.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Yes ive been looking for a better more aestitic tooth shade accrylic for this. I get these all the time and also use the colloid method for a spare denture. Ive also used lab putty to make 2 part matrix in a denture flask and pressed packed and heat cured them. The teeth don't look as good as an original with quality denture teeth and I have dentists and patients who want an "exact duplicate". how does the fricke tooth acrylic look compared to quality denture teeth (ipn or such) and Have you ever thought about or used light cure composite for the denture teeth if so, what material could be used? hmmmm

Its an AED (Avoid Embarrassing Denture) to only be used when the master denture is being repaired, if they want a spare to look like a denture with denture teeth then they should pay for a new denture with denture teeth. I have some DDS that want the molars in pink so the patients can tell the difference. (some patients arent to bright) If U spend too much time playing with making it perfect, kind of defeates the purpose of having the master denture repaired. The Fricke & the Lang tooth color is tooth color acrylic, denture teeth are 3-6 layers made in metal molds. I make the main color in one shot and disk shape the "U" then put some incisal in the flask mold and push the "U" in it & brush around the CEJ & process. Its close, shiny no porosity, fits and works in a pinch all for $125. If U are thinking of using composite material it would be an extra hour to do & 5-6X the material cost, do U get enough to go thru all that. If U want to try something take some light cure tooth shaded & put some cross linked PMMA on it & cure. I tried it & the pink bled into the composit.:cool:

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
Most of these I do are "AED's" (lol, I like that acronym) to repair the master and have a spare as a bonus. these have no need to be as aesthetic as a new denture, but it seems that a few of the prothstodotists I work for have these older patient that want the new denture be EXACTLY the same as the old. I call it the old sneaker syndrome. (the new shoes never feel as good as old ones.) With new denture teeth the patients can always fell a difference. No matter How much I put into it I can never make a new Denture feel like their old ones except when I duplicate them, thus the need for a more aesthetic/durable tooth shade material than jet. Cost is not an issue as I would charge extra for the material and labor. I may be barking up the wrong tree with it but I'm thinking the way i wanted to do it is to make the "U" of teeth with light cure composite then process base in diamond d. I know the composite cost more and may be more durable but would it look any better. What composite should I try. Radica? I have seen some beautiful provisionals made with the stuff but I have never used it myself, or is there another product out there that would suffice. hmmmm

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
We all know that old sneaker syndrome, U could try Radia I have tried some C&B when fooling around and found bonding issues with PMMA base. If U are trying this I would put the "U" in 3 parts during processing it may warp at the corners and fracture soon, I did some where I used a GC tooth colored with Frickie incisal "M" call George at Fricke he has some heat cure "M" put to the side, or did last year. They don't like hearing about Diamond D as Karl left there when he started Diamond D.