Kulzer print vs form labs.

M

Mike_the_Owner

Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with the kulzer printer with models. Does anybody have any tips with getting fit down?

I'm currently using form labs for all my models but feel like I'm wasting potential and money having the kulzer sit. Any tips?

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Ive been using 50 microns for c and b models and 30 microns for implant models, fits are great. Are you using their resins? 70 microns perfect for nightguard models

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
We're getting good results with our Form2 printers.
There was a lot of trial and error at the beginning, especially with orienting and positioning the models, but it works well now.

M

Mike_the_Owner

Reaction score
Ive been using 50 microns for c and b models and 30 microns for implant models, fits are great. Are you using their resins? 70 microns perfect for nightguard models
We are using the highest accuracy and the kulzer model resin.
We're getting good results with our Form2 printers.
There was a lot of trial and error at the beginning, especially with orienting and positioning the models, but it works well now.
The formlab we have had zero issues with. I'm just asking around to see if people ran into problem with the kulzer like we have.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Wow, no not in the slightest!

What kind of problems are you having?
Have you gotten Someone from Kulzer in to help?
The Cara Print was the most satisfying decision we have made in printers.
(We currently have 8 printers, 5 different manufacturers 3 different printing methodologies - we just like to dabble and learn)

We run both the Kulzer and Formlabs daily, and, as said, the formlabs took some dialing in, and judicious cleaning and maintenance,but produced 'adequate' models.

The Cara Print models are dramatically better (as one would expect from a unit that costs 4x as much).

We do simple models like contact models, seating jigs on formlabs.
Implant models and models for layered cases are done on the Cara Print or Stratasys 260 Dental Selection for larger batches and soft tissue parallel processing. The only complaint anyone in the lab has about the Cara models is the color lol.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
hey Jason, we are just about to try cast partial resin from Kulzer. Any insight as to what accuracy level we should be using?

M

Mike_the_Owner

Reaction score
Wow, no not in the slightest!

What kind of problems are you having?
Have you gotten Someone from Kulzer in to help?
The Cara Print was the most satisfying decision we have made in printers.
(We currently have 8 printers, 5 different manufacturers 3 different printing methodologies - we just like to dabble and learn)

We run both the Kulzer and Formlabs daily, and, as said, the formlabs took some dialing in, and judicious cleaning and maintenance,but produced 'adequate' models.

The Cara Print models are dramatically better (as one would expect from a unit that costs 4x as much).

We do simple models like contact models, seating jigs on formlabs.
Implant models and models for layered cases are done on the Cara Print or Stratasys 260 Dental Selection for larger batches and soft tissue parallel processing. The only complaint anyone in the lab has about the Cara models is the color lol.

We use the printers to print working models. The crowns fit extremely tight on the kara. The form we have had zero issues with. The working models with removable pins need to be ground on a little around the post to seat properly. We have had tec and sales in the lab but they couldn't find anything. We have adjusted parameters around on the computer to try to find a better fit but have not found anything yet.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
hey Jason, we are just about to try cast partial resin from Kulzer. Any insight as to what accuracy level we should be using?
Sorry I don't have an answer on that one as of yet. We have not started printing frames because we have one of the best frame labs in the country 20 mins from our location and they do our frames :p