Keystone Scan Bodies

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Hey all, been a while! I've been busy navigating the jungle, but came across something I'm wrestling with.

We've gotten a few Keystone implants (Tilobe Max-TL to be specific),one that was fully digital, the other with stone models but we ended up doing a UCLA instead of a digitally designed abutment. Anyway, I've never dealt with these before. We have the 3Shape DMEs to do these digitally via Core3D, but I can't seem to find scan bodies? I've looked in a few places and I'm having trouble figuring which ones are compatible with Tilobe Max-TL. Anyone have any input about what they use and where to find it?

Thanks!

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Nevermind, apparently... even though the DMEs are Core3d, they don't offer the scan bodies or DIM analogs. So they passed me back to Keystone, who are the only ones who sell the Core3d scan bodies and analogs, for some reason. This isn't listed on anyone's website, as far as I can tell, so it's a good thing I called, I guess.

A catalog from one company or the other with what products are actually available would be nice, don't you think? :p

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, apparently... even though the DMEs are Core3d, they don't offer the scan bodies or DIM analogs. So they passed me back to Keystone, who are the only ones who sell the Core3d scan bodies and analogs, for some reason. This isn't listed on anyone's website, as far as I can tell, so it's a good thing I called, I guess.

A catalog from one company or the other with what products are actually available would be nice, don't you think? :p
Just wait till you have to get a screw from them...pardon the pun, but the price of one final torque screw might be the highest anyone is charging right now.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score

I run into the same exact situation. Quite confusing....

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If I Recall, Kerstone Primaconex has a lenience agreement with most people that only the they are allowed to mfg the parts and not in house. Glidewell has scan bodies but they do all the Ti and Zr hybrid abutments. Don't know of a DIM library out they. For abutments you can Design them then just print the abutment as part of the model as a die, it has a nasty glitch in 17 thought to of been fixed in 18 but select the 16 design module in RX and you will be fine. As for Screw retained, wont really work if you print abutment as part of model.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I was able to get a Keystone scan body from Cap.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
We started ImplantPart.com years before DESS and it is/has the parts that DESS does not make (Hiossen, Megagen, Keystone) etc.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

This particular part was specifically for Core3D's scan flag/dme. I'm not sure if that might make a difference, cuz I had no trouble finding a standard Keystone analog on Keystone's website. It was the Core3D-specific one I was having trouble with, because the analog didn't match the analog 3Shape previewed.

Top Bottom