Reaction score
dear all
please i need your openion about kave everest
thanks
dr.khanfer

P

paulg100

Reaction score
good system in its day and is still one of the most accurate in-house mills around.

They have opened up to 3shape scanner and software now which is the best software solution around at the moment.

Due to the way you have to manually fill the internal of copings with resin part way through the milling process i would not think this is the best system around for large scale production, but the offshot of this is you can mill very accurate knife edge margins which is worth the trade off in my opinion.

Ill stick my neck out and say this system has likely been super seeded now by some of the newer mills in its price bracket but if you can pick a used one up at a good price then id say go for it.

(from past experience KAVO's aftersales service sucks! at least in the UK, so this might factor into things)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Good machine, outdated and expensive material cost, unless its changed. I agree with Paul, if you can pick up a used one at a good price, go for it. At this time, its over priced.
Check out the Origin 4000 from B&D and save $$$... this machine will mill Zir,emax, ceramics, NP, Titanium, wax, pmma and much cheaper than Kavo.
The Origin 5000 model is a 5 axis, one step up, if you want to do implants.

Charles

Last edited:
sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
dear all
please i need your openion about kave everest
thanks
dr.khanfer

i agree, it was a great 5 axis, TRUE industrial type CAD-CAM system, but it has all but sputtered out. i never see them advertising, promoting or developing new "stuff". i have a friend that has one and he told me the technical support is absolutely horrible (almost non existant. he has had the machine go down and not receive a call back for 2, 3 days sometime) and parts/pieces are very pricey. if your going to drop $175,000 in my opinion, i just think there are better options. the technical support would be at the top of my list of things i would demand of the company i am working with.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Opinions about Everest.....

Walk away on a used one...don't even think about buying a new one. To much bad gossip about Kavo.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
" i have a friend that has one and he told me the technical support is absolutely horrible (almost non existant. he has had the machine go down and not receive a call back for 2, 3 days sometime) and parts/pieces are very pricey."

Ah well, they havnt changed then!

We spent shed loads on centralized dust extrator systems with them years back and there support and the cost of repairs was a complete joke!

As said, this is even more critical with cad/cam kit, so i guess the conclusion is avoid!

D

dr.khanfer

Reaction score
dear all
thanks to all and please i need more advise about a good cad cam system with agood price and can mill zircon and metal
regards
dr.khanfer

P

paulg100

Reaction score
if you are in the states, look at the origin units mentioned above.

the have a good range of models to suit budget, are very versitle some being wet & dry and also do metal.

with 4 and 5 axis units they should also be very accurate and use 3 shape scanners and software so have a great solution on that front as well.

Look like they tick all the right box's, not sure about after sales support.

C

charles007

Reaction score
dear all
thanks to all and please i need more advise about a good cad cam system with agood price and can mill zircon and metal
regards
dr.khanfer

Dr. Khanfer.........welcome to DLN....... I don't have the experience to back up this statement...but I think its a bad idea to mill zir and metal with the same machine.........Other techs here on DLN with cad/cam experience, hopefully, will post more on that topic, maybe I'm wrong.....
Post your email address, will give a few companies to check with, or PM me if you can.. I'm unable to PM you !

Charles

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
MIlling metal puts ALOT more wear and tear on the machine.

I know of some UK milling centers whos units have metal capabilities but dont offer it because of this.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Everest, or not to Everest ?

Not sure what any of you guys are on about, I have a lab in the UK and have just bought MY SECOND KaVo Everest System, these things are fantastic, they can mill 11 different materials each one with its own milling strategy and are incredibly reliable The first one I bought is now nearly five years old and it has just had its first service at a cost of £2000 inclusive of a complete overhaul of all perishable rubber parts a new circuit board, new sensor leads and so on ...... not bad for 5 years AND THE NO SUPORT BIT IS ABSOLUT RUBISH, kaVo offer remote maintenance FREE OF CHARGE if (No annual service charge) you have a problem with your system then they will go in and remotely tweak it (like i said no support?) Also if you are having difficulty with a complex case and need a hand-again give them a bell and they will log into your system and either get you over your hurdle or if you like they will design the hole thing for you!!!!!!!!!!! We get free software updates and NO ANUAL LICENCE FEE. When I have ever needed them in a hurry KaVo UK has had them in my lab within 48hours, now I personally think that is NOT a bad service, they are cutting back on R&D but are compensating for this by forging links with strong companies in order to still offer new products Neoss implant software, vita temp disks, 3Shape scanners with bridging software for the engine. A new system is a bit expensive but if you can get your hands on a second hand unit and get KaVo to give it the thumbs up (£1000- not bad if you can pick it up for£30k)then you could have yourself a 5 axis machine that is second to none, we do lab to lab copings in the UK and we charge about three times more than the average lab does and we still get a lot of work, the reason is that everything fits fantastic and people still have a lot of respect for the KaVo name.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
great story! honestly i am very happy that you have been happy with your KaVo system. i agree, it is a wonderful 5-axis milling system. it is certainly apparent that they have a much better service & sales network set up in the UK & Europe. all i can say is i have a close friend in pennsylvania - USA, and they purchased the everest system about 6 or 7 years back and been extremely disatisfied with the service & sales support. NOT the system itself! in fact when the system is working, it works very, very well. the issues arise when it does go down. they leave messages in hopes that 2 days later somebody will call them. honestly, they just only have a few folks in the USA and this causes the delay issues. also their marketing efforts in the states have been extremely quiet the past couple years. pretty much "out of site, out of mind". its a good company and they make good products - no denying that, but their product in the USA has really fizzled out to be almost non-existent.

D

dr.khanfer

Reaction score
dear all
please i need the price of kavo everest mateials specialy discks in USA
REGARDS