Kavo energy software

B

brgo

Reaction score
Hi guys I occasionally mill for some small one man labs usually I scan for them and then mill the results. I have just received a digital file from a lab which the client wants an emax milled crown. It is not a kavo file is there a way to open this file in my energy software so that I can send it to the mill.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
What sort of a file is it, if its an .stl file then I can help. The system/Engine needs a set folder to make this thing mill, you cant just send down a .stl, it needs to see a margin and a set of instructions on what to do and in what order and from what scanner the info came from................ We do this stuff all the time for non everest users, and have set folders to make it less painful. If its an .stl then I am more than happy to send it back to you in a format that your Engine will understand and mill, Pete, I don't charge because I am sad and like doing this kind of stuff. [email protected]

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I will convert for ya to stl if you need now, or in future?

I have 4mm, 3mm, 2mm, and 1mm diamonds for the KaVo.

What exactly do you do with each One in a "Normal" KaVo?

The eMax only gets milled with ?? all of them....or just 3mm...then 1mm?

Scott

B

brgo

Reaction score
Thanks Peter, thanks for your help how can I get a hold of these set folders I have a feeling this is going to happen more and more it's the future of what we do.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
All sorted, Scott will convert it to .stl and give me a IGS margin file as well ( saves me a job dragging it through geomagic to get one) because he is nice like that and I will write you a nice new Auftrag file so your milling unit knows what to do with it all. Don't you just love this site.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks Peter, thanks for your help how can I get a hold of these set folders I have a feeling this is going to happen more and more it's the future of what we do.

No problem, we can send you a couple of them but you still have to make changes, you need to change the .stl file name and tell it what the start gap and cement gap are, also need to change the material settings, its all hand typed, we do it day in day out and find it very easy but have been messing about with these files for over six years. Will send you a file with some basic instructions on how to drag in a single unit then you just grow from there. Peter

B

brgo

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll send you the file. Is there somewhere I can learn to create an IGS file and to write a new Auftrag file thingy or are you guys just creative legends and we all have to worship. I'm not trying to steal your knowledge just want to learn how to do all this.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Most cad systems will break a file down so it will produce individual mesh files for the main body of a coping, the margin, the connector and so on, and some just throw it all together to make one big mesh or is that mess, When you are under pressure you learn real quick. I will show you how to write your own milling files and am sure you will be able to find loads of open cad design programs that will let you play and learn, blender is a good one .

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I will convert for ya to stl if you need now, or in future?

I have 4mm, 3mm, 2mm, and 1mm diamonds for the KaVo.

What exactly do you do with each One in a "Normal" KaVo
The eMax only gets milled with ?? all of them....or just 3mm...then 1mm?

Scott

From what I remember Scott, been a long time since I milled any Ivoclar blocks, It should only use 3 diamonds 4 3 and 1mm, dont remember a 2mm, any way it uses the 4mm to grind away the main mass them stops and asks you to insert the 3, then uses the 1mm for the fine stuff.