Ivoclar vs zubler

E

ernest

Reaction score
Hello everyone đź‘‹
I'm looking to buy a new ceramic fournece. I'm about to go ivoclar P310 vs Zubler V230zr. Please leave your comment.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I have used both for emax and the Zubler for zirconia, both are really good ovens and have their strong points. Points to the Ivoclar oven for the clamshell design, it would have saved me 2 remakes that fell off the tray in my Zubler over the 17 years or so that I have had it. They each fire really well with a slight edge to the Zubler in my opinion. They both have a controlled cooling for zirconia so essentially, very similar ovens. I have had one of my zubler ovens for 17 yrs and another for 6 years. The Ivoclar was in a prosthodontist office that I worked out of for a few years and it was 2 years old. No problems from either of the ovens except the input device failed on the one of the Zublers. For me, it all came down to price. Zubler was more cost effective.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I bought an Ivoclar ep5000 in 2012 for the expressed purpose of reliability and quality of pressings. After a year and 2 months the muffle failed. Ivoclar would not cover any of the repair or shipping. While yes it was technically out of warranty after a year - this was the main functioning part of the oven, and it failed after a handful of hours on the muffle as I only really used it to press rings. In my opinion they should have stood behind their product even if it was a couple months out of warranty. I was a loyal Ivoclar customer at the time - I used emax, emax ceram, and in-line. Since then I’ve switched all of my products to other manufacturers and haven’t bought an Ivoclar product in many years.
Not saying zubler is any better - I had one of their steam cleaners give me problems after just a few months - they covered it under warranty though.. that steamer was a bad design and I’ve since replaced it… not sure about the quality of their ovens.
In my experience there’s a lot of hyped up crappy equipment being sold to us out there.. I’m not sure I put much faith in any of it.