Heating elements replacement for Ivoclar S2

F

FT sun

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
Just wondering do anyone know where to find instructions to replace the heating elements for ivoclar S2 furnace?
The rep told us it is very complicated and take 2-3 days to do it, so they charge a lot to do it( it is enough to buy a new cheap furnace)
Anyone had experience to do it? Would like to hear your opinions.
Many Thanks.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
Just wondering do anyone know where to find instructions to replace the heating elements for ivoclar S2 furnace?
The rep told us it is very complicated and take 2-3 days to do it, so they charge a lot to do it( it is enough to buy a new cheap furnace)
Many Thanks.
We are sending in our S1 today to have two heating elements replaced. Heating elements are about $950 each. New straps are around $150. We have to pay shipping(not sure how much that is),and the tech at Ivoclar who will do the work said it would take him about 2-3 hours of labor to fix our S1($100 an hour or so??). Last time we had to do this, it cost around $3500 total. A new S2 is usually around $13000, but they are on special right now for $10000. I also inquired about changing out the heating elements myself and once he said I would need a propane torch to help loosen up the allen screw holding the heating elements in place, I stopped the conversation and told him we would be sending it in for him to fix.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's really not to hard to do. You just have to remember your disassembly steps to reassemble it. It starts by removing some back covers to get the top off. But, if you're not comfortable in doing that, it's where their support comes in handy. The S2 is essentially a S1 with a better screen, and software upgrade, version.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
Many Thanks.
I tried to do it myself but at the end I sent it in. The expensive parts are the elements, which you will have to pay either way. But I valued my time over the cost of shipping and labor charged by Ivoclar. I thought they were reasonable in what they charged and I had the oven back rather quickly, too.

I am tempted to get a spare oven, though...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Just wondering do anyone know where to find instructions to replace the heating elements for ivoclar S2 furnace
If you do it yourself, they are usually helpful, too. They probably wont hold your hand and guide you through, but if you have questions on certain steps they will help. In my experience, I always get a helpful answer, when contacting them.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I knocked it out in one afternoon, just dedicate some uninterrupted time to do it. Best piece of advice is to take lots of pictures during disassembly and make sure you have a few small wrenches and pliers to get to hard to reach areas. They told me the same thing about the propane torch, it really wasn't a big deal, Their tech support team is great if you have any questions during the process

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tried to do it myself but at the end I sent it in. The expensive parts are the elements, which you will have to pay either way. But I valued my time over the cost of shipping and labor charged by Ivoclar. I thought they were reasonable in what they charged and I had the oven back rather quickly, too.

I am tempted to get a spare oven, though...
And if you have two ovens all the better. As at the time when I serviced it myself, I only had one oven, and could not afford the shipping etc. downtime :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I knocked it out in one afternoon, just dedicate some uninterrupted time to do it. Best piece of advice is to take lots of pictures during disassembly and make sure you have a few small wrenches and pliers to get to hard to reach areas. They told me the same thing about the propane torch, it really wasn't a big deal, Their tech support team is great if you have any questions during the process
Good tip about taking a lot of photos đź‘Ť

E

erykd1

Reaction score
And if you have two ovens all the better. As at the time when I serviced it myself, I only had one oven, and could not afford the shipping etc. downtime :)
This is the way. After the cluster-f of having our one oven go down on a Friday afternoon and having no extra elements on hand is why we immediately got an S2 as a backup. It doesn't get used nearly as much as our S1 but it's already saved us a couple times.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
really soft hands is a must the elements can break quite easily
Especially from Ivoclar's shipping department. Hopefully, things have gotten better from when I ordered mine. It took them 3 separate overnight shipments until I finally got 2 unbroken elements. I finally suggested they check the elements before they shipped them, just to be sure.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its ok kimba you have gentle hands too and remember you always smell different when your sleeping.

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
Their support should just send you a pdf with the steps? We have a S1 and we have a ZirkonZhan Turbo and they sent me the pdf on how to change the heating elements on the Turbo, if you need it maybe it could help you