Ivoclar ep5000

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
the EP5000 should press restorations much quicker than the EP500.

And more accuracy, for exemple fit is a beat better for veneer tipe of single crowns on my new ovens maybe because better flow and heat control in a process.

C

charles007

Reaction score
John, I wanted to tell you there is little to no difference in pressing with older Ivoclar ovens compared to our ep5000 other than the 5000 presses Empress faster. I didn't want to bust your bubble and put doubts in your head .....Having said that, there are several techs here on DLN including me who have 0 mis-presses over several years. That can't be said about older Ivoclar ovens or any other oven at this time, and no one has posted 0 mis-presses with the Zubler that has almost no reaction layer.
If I needed another oven today, I would want the Zubler, would I buy it knowing I've had 100% success with my 5000,,, ???? :confused:
You made a wise choice with the high number emax cases you doing monthly.
Charles

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Having said that, there are several techs here on DLN including me who have 0 mis-presses over several years. That can't be said about older Ivoclar ovens"

thats exactly it really. Consistancy.

We had alot of issues with empress and our old ivoclar press (partly the wax up tech also) which led us down the cad/cam route and blowing a ton of money.

Now i have gone back to pressing and bought an ep3000 the results are soo consistant and the fits are awesome.

Just what you need in a production lab.

And you know your set for the mulit ingots as well, not that your ceramists will thank you, there gonna be staining and glazing all day instead :)

D

dhdc

Reaction score
I have been pressing Emax for over a year in my Pro Press 200,about 20 units a week and every so often you get a miss press.Last week i was at work untill 1am,re pressing a simple 16,which mis-pressed 3 times!Ihave decided to bite the bullet and buy an Ivoclar furnace to avoid the stressed feeling of de-vesting,i cant believe the prices you get your furnaces for n the US,my quote for an Ep 3000 is $14,500 Oz,for furnace and $1950 for the pump!not bad considering our dollars are about the same these days.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have been pressing Emax for over a year in my Pro Press 200,about 20 units a week and every so often you get a miss press.Last week i was at work untill 1am,re pressing a simple 16,which mis-pressed 3 times!Ihave decided to bite the bullet and buy an Ivoclar furnace to avoid the stressed feeling of de-vesting,i cant believe the prices you get your furnaces for n the US,my quote for an Ep 3000 is $14,500 Oz,for furnace and $1950 for the pump!not bad considering our dollars are about the same these days.

You can still get a mis-pressing with an Ivoclar oven. I have an Ivoclar pressing oven and a Whip Mix Pro Press and they both mis-press every once in a great while. It pisses me off when it's a 200 gram ring the most. :( Welcome to the wonderful world of pressing :)

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Thanks Labguy, i have read alot of posts,even in this thread saying they have 100% from the box with the Ep,s with their pressings,maybe you can shed some light on my vacuum pump,considering you have both furnaces,can i hook up my un used pp 200 pump to a new EP3000,saving me $2000aud ? cheers

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Your Welcome, but come on, you're going to buy a 8K dollar machine and not buy a brand new 500 dollar pump with it???? Just buy the brand new pump...lol (2000???? for a pump?) I don't believe they are specifically set up that way, it's going to tell you whether or not it's pulling enough vacuum so I don't see a personal problem with using a used one. Maybe Sixonice can comment here. Is there a free pump promotion going on right now, there is a few promotions here in the states going on, I'll see if I can find it.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
No promos in OZ!!!!As i said,$14,500 for the furnace,$1950 for the pump,this is for the Ep3000,sounds like double what you guys are paying!!LabGuy,if i transfer the $usd to you,maybe you can buy it for me??!!With a healthy handling fee of course!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's crazy...I can't believe Ivoclar does this to you guys. You can buy Ivoclar products through one of our suppliers. I know Nowak Dental Supply has a great relationship with Ivoclar and has sent many products overseas to the UK and Australia. I bet he would save you a ton of money. Check it out before you throw down the loot. Ask for Shawn.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Thanks again,its a massive issue in WA at the moment with many established labs suffering as we are under pressure from chinese labs flooding the market with price lists,tehy are selling Emax crowns for as little as $80,when we are paying $40+gst for an pellet,+$11 for a bag of press vest.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Geez! Your kidding! $40 bucks an ingot!?!

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
$80 my dentist told me he gets them for 60, hes in a top suburb to.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Having pressed 40/50 units in my Ep3000,with 100% success,there is no comparison between the PP 100 or PP200 i was pressing in previously, u cant believe how much better they fit and how much quicker it is,no comparison!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Having pressed 40/50 units in my Ep3000,with 100% success,there is no comparison between the PP 100 or PP200 i was pressing in previously, u cant believe how much better they fit and how much quicker it is,no comparison!

Told you so.... This time next year you will still be saying, I'm having 100% success with my EP, and it was more than worth the extra $$$ to buy Ivoclar. :)

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about upgrading to an EP 5000, taking advantage of Ivoclar's trade-in program. So, I went back and reread this entire thread regarding the EP 5000.

Talking to my Ivoclar rep, the only difference between the 3000 and 5000, is about $2,000, the touchscreen pad, and a three-year warranty. So why did you all go for the 5000 instead of the 3000?

Everybody's comments are about using this as a pressing oven exclusively. The sales brochure-write up states that both the EP 3000, and 5000 can also be used as a "regular" porcelain oven. Has anybody used it that way, and your thoughts?
Personally my concern is that, as a pressing oven, it's home is next to the burnout ovens, not the porcelain department. A "dirty environment" versus a "clean" environment, crudely put.

Thanks!

Carol

Top Bottom