Ivoclar ep5000

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just dropped the bucks on the new oven because one of my original empress ep500 has started to really have some strain with the amount of EMAX we are doing now days.

What did you do to your machine out of the box to get it working optimum with EMAX?

Its a little late now for buyers remorse but for the guys that have invested in this oven are you satisfied with it? Would you buy it again?

I remember 15 some odd years ago gagging at the price tag I paid for the empress system and I have to admit this equipment has been pretty bullet proof for me.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Optimum performance........ plug in ... I probably calibrated from day one and check for latest updates . John I can't remember if there were any break-in procedures, if any, I went by the book.
This Oct. my warranty runs out... "3yrs"..0 problems with furnace, no disposable plungers used, forgot to use Alox plunger separator several times, and 0 bad presses. In my small lab, I now press every week and calibrate once a year. Never had a reason to tweak the pre -programmed setting.
Before I press, the idle temp is already at 400, then change to ingot pressing program to let idle at 700 from 3 -10 minutes before I press. Pressing back to back, wait 2-3 minutes while temp drops, maybe less.

If anyone has changed the programs for emax for better results, please do tell !

Would I buy again.......think I answered that.......

Charles

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
John, I absolutely abuse my EP5000 all day, all week. It rarely sits idle for long. I do all my pressing, Emax Ceram, VM-9, Bruxzir and anything else metal free in it. I did the calibration the 1st day I got it and I always calibrate it within a week of it asking me too. No problems ever, and I have been running this thing wide open over 4 years. I purchased it right when they came available so whenever that was. I purchased a P500 because of it and have had the same exact result with it. I have a 1 year old Vita Vacumat 40-T we rarely use now because of how good the P500 is. I am planning on another EP5000 before the end of the year. Congrats on a good purchase. It will pay for itself quick!

Jason

C

charles007

Reaction score
Jason, I also have the P500 and ignore the screen when it shows to calibrate on both of my ovens. I know I should calibrate more often, but its easy when you don't see any changes in your pressing, fired porcelain-bisbakes, and glazes. Do you know how many firing, pressing, hours used, etc, when this appears on the screen ?
That calibration kit is outrageous in price. :mad:

Charles

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I know. I hate having to drop the money for the Calibration modules. Every time it asks for them I cringe.. Now that I am running two of their furnaces I am going to get pretty picky with the calibration. As much as we use ours it seems like they devour those things.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I just dropped the bucks on the new oven because one of my original empress ep500 has started to really have some strain with the amount of EMAX we are doing now days.

What did you do to your machine out of the box to get it working optimum with EMAX?

Its a little late now for buyers remorse but for the guys that have invested in this oven are you satisfied with it? Would you buy it again?

I remember 15 some odd years ago gagging at the price tag I paid for the empress system and I have to admit this equipment has been pretty bullet proof for me.

john the only thing that you should do after you get it set up is run the dehumidification program - which basically does the "seasoning" of the muffle and all the fire brick inside. It also will pull out every single drop of moisture inside. thats it! after running that, you can get pressing!

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I know. I hate having to drop the money for the Calibration modules. Every time it asks for them I cringe.. Now that I am running two of their furnaces I am going to get pretty picky with the calibration. As much as we use ours it seems like they devour those things.

if your calibrating alot, it must mean that your BUSY and pressing many restorations! you can select the calibration interval - from I think every 25 pressings up to 100. you can set that interval and also select calibration parameters on a monthly basis.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
John,

I, too, love my EP5000. Zero problems. Paid for itself in a very short time. Absolutely no regrets !! I just do the things that it asks me to do.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
John, did you take advantage of Ivoclar's program (turn in your ep500 for the ep5000) when you purchased your oven? I used the ep5000 at LVI and had the same feeling you did when you were a kid opening presents. You'll be good to go for when the Multi-units come to the U.S. now.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I'm using both ep500 and ep5000 ovens 0 problems I love it. Just one problem......how to make doctors understand how important to make good preps for Emax crowns?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John, did you take advantage of Ivoclar's program (turn in your ep500 for the ep5000) when you purchased your oven? I used the ep5000 at LVI and had the same feeling you did when you were a kid opening presents. You'll be good to go for when the Multi-units come to the U.S. now.

Yes! I got it on the program, I believe they extended it another month but it runs out the end of this month I am certain, it was a substantial savings over list.

Its just a lot of money no matter what but hell everything seems to be going crazy or people just have too much money.

I was looking at the new Audi A7 and they have like a 7k upgrade for the sound system. I was like how much nicer can it sound over the base system. Well after listening it and some of the other bells and whistles it was pretty damn impressive. Is it necessary ( just like this fancy touch screen)? Probably not, but it is pretty fun to play with.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
john the only thing that you should do after you get it set up is run the dehumidification program - which basically does the "seasoning" of the muffle and all the fire brick inside. It also will pull out every single drop of moisture inside. thats it! after running that, you can get pressing!

Thanks! I think it will be here wednesday this next week.

doug

doug

Reaction score
For 7 grand that sound system should have "road noise cancelling" so you get to hear even the softest sounds from it.
We've been pressing so much lately that I may go get an EP5000 soon. good info here.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I have question to everyone. Is this a long term trend, I mean emax or because of the gold prices. If second in my opinion PFM's may go back and whatever we have invested in all pressed crowns may be bad investment for the long run. What do you think?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have question to everyone. Is this a long term trend, I mean emax or because of the gold prices. If second in my opinion PFM's may go back and whatever we have invested in all pressed crowns may be bad investment for the long run. What do you think?

It's a solid product and it's not going away anytime soon. I am just getting real hungry for the new ingots and the possibilities of less cutting back.

I like the system and feel it has been a solid addition to my product line regardless of alloy prices.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
It's a solid product and it's not going away anytime soon. I am just getting real hungry for the new ingots and the possibilities of less cutting back.

I like the system and feel it has been a solid addition to my product line regardless of alloy prices.

I figured out how not cut back at all for posteriors any kind of shades, looks very nice, translucent when needed. The same looking forward to try Multi-press ingots. Do you know when they will start selling them?

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
What does substantial savings mean?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
John, I was at the Audi dealership last night salivating over the A7.....I think Emax is here to stay but you also have the options of press over zirconia and press over metal. I have never asked but my alloy contains about 8% silver. I know.... When pressing over metal would it not contaminate the furnace? I only fire or press metal free in my EP5000.

Jason

P.S. the new Audi TT RS is about 350 hp and will out run the R8;)

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
What does substantial savings mean?

I don't know what you mean by this question,but I can tell you that my employer saves a lot on labor,SS taxes and so on,having me,doing emax crowns from start to finish instead of 2 or 3 emploees. Maibe its just me, but I can do it.popcorn

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Yes! I got it on the program, I believe they extended it another month but it runs out the end of this month I am certain, it was a substantial savings over list.

Its just a lot of money no matter what but hell everything seems to be going crazy or people just have too much money.

I was looking at the new Audi A7 and they have like a 7k upgrade for the sound system. I was like how much nicer can it sound over the base system. Well after listening it and some of the other bells and whistles it was pretty damn impressive. Is it necessary ( just like this fancy touch screen)? Probably not, but it is pretty fun to play with.

This was what what I was wondering about. I biught an old EP500 awhile ago but hae never used it. I have an EP600 combi that I use daily. Maybe I could trade in the ep500 I bought.

Top Bottom