Ivocap fogging up teeth

T

timbangley

Reaction score
What causes teeth to fog or etch with the Ivocap process ?

R

rhicks3302

Reaction score

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but if its around the cervicals of the teeth it can actually be a thin film of stone. This is caused by either not cleaning all the wax off the teeth during wax-up or letting the wax get molten during boilout. It seems like every problem I've ever had with Ivocap has been during the boilout procedure. I would check there first.

ottawa

ottawa

Reaction score
I've had teeth turn white with patches. I think its wax on the teeth and monomer or acrylic creeps onto the surface and turns the teeth white. It can happen to all brand of teeth. When I started cleaning the teeth with a black brush on slow speed, I haven't had it happen again.

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Hey Tim? Do you etch or prime the teeth with monomer?
This can play havoc with the surface. As an experiment, just stick an odd in some monomer overnight
Regards

-Patrick

T

twaite

Reaction score

I have had this same thing happen to me. I think it only happens when I use the Ivostar or Gnathometer teeth from Ivoclar. I try to use those teeth only for flippers or immediates that I am sure the pt will have a second pair made.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have had this same thing happen to me. I think it only happens when I use the Ivostar or Gnathometer teeth from Ivoclar. I try to use those teeth only for flippers or immediates that I am sure the pt will have a second pair made.

We do 20 dentures a week with those economical line of teeth and never once had the issue described here.

Are using a solvent or a wax degreaser in your boil-out?