ITERO/3shape/IMPLANT

dentech

dentech

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am going to start do some implant cases from ITERO IO scan and i need your help to get

answer of some question about the ideal digital worflow for ITERO IO SCAN.

do you design your abutment? if yes do you design abutment and crown in same time? do you

get always model from align or you print if for yourself? which scan body allow you to make

model with repositionable analog? what 3shape dongle license do I need to be able to design my
abut and crown from ITERO IO scan?

Any answer or suggestion wil be appreciated

Thank you

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Well first things is the Dr. to scan with a scanbody in place. I have used Core3d scan bodies and then you would also need to have the Abutment design on your 3shape dongle or buy CAD points from them, whichever works for you.

I always had Core3d make the models so I don't know any of the steps that would be needed if your were to make it in house. But I would imagine that would need a model builder on your 3shape dongles as well if you were to print them out yourself.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Option one
Step one: get scan bodies that have a digital analog available. NT-Trading, Core3D, Nobel Biocare.
Step two: Have Doc scan them, also see if they are able to do an auxiliary scan of the tissue with the scan body out for a implant site for tissue height.
Step three: Import case into 3shape and check create model on import. (you will need 3rd party model builder). Setup up order to the correct library.
Step four: Design abutment only or Abutment and crown together your choice.
Step five: Run through model builder and send STL files to be printed.

Argen uses the NT-Trading library and I have them do all my 3d printing of implant models and normal C&B stuff.

Option two:
Step one: get scan bodies that have a digital analog available. NT-Trading, Core3D, Nobel Biocare.
Step two: Have Doc scan them, also see if they are able to do an auxiliary scan of the tissue with the scan body out for a implant site for tissue height.
Step three: Import case into 3shape and setup up order to the correct library.
Step four: Design abutment only.
Step Five: Send Abutment to Doc to seat and rescan for crown.

Option two is the way you do it for implant companies that do not have a digital analog for 3d printing. M.I.S. will launch theirs in a few month, they are in testing phase now. Implant direct doesn't have a digital analog for printing, nor does Straumann, or glidewell and other companies. Your better off to Get a kit like Argen (NT-Trading) use the cross compatible platform like zimmer for all implant direct legacy or MIS, then once you get the model back scan it in house and design brand specific abutments accordingly. This is what I do for my Implant direct Doctor using a trios. I sent him a the zimmer markers from NT-Trading only to produce the models. Then i rescan using the Implant Direct markers and make custom I.D. on top of the zimmer analog.

Nobel uses Dreve in the UK but soon to be printed here in the states but not sure how will print them, maybe Nobel
C.A.P. can print models off the NT-Trading library
Argen off the NT-Trading Library
Core 3D ahs their own library and markers which you will have to use
M.I.S. will print their own once they launch their series.

It sound complicated but is super easy once you get to understand how it all works, the hardest part will be trying to get your doctors to understand. One of my docs bought the 3m Tru Def and MIS markers, then said why did MIS sell me the markers? LOL cause we can design just the abutment right now then you need to rescan it for crown. He didn't understand that they do not have the digital back end setup for manufacture 3D implant models. It took me 3 phone calls to get it drilled int his head then he returned the scanner cause he hated 3M's customer service, LOL that's a shocker!

Hope I shed some light on what you are looking for.

Top Bottom