Is three pontics on the posterior too much ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey guys ,

I have a case that the doc wants to do a zirconium bridge from canine to second molar upper . Is the three pontics ok , or it would be too much ? Thank you .

amer84

amer84

Reaction score
it not recommended but if need you shuold make full anatomy zirconia (prittau)
with extended base as you can to disturbe occlosion forces to saddel

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
How much vertical do you have? Enough for solid connections? Maybe fcz on occlusion for strength then layer buccally? Even pfm this span may cause problems. Implants not an option?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
How much vertical do you have? Enough for solid connections? Maybe fcz on occlusion for strength then layer buccally? Even pfm this span may cause problems. Implants not an option?

The patient is the 80 years old father of the dentist . Implants are no option , too old . I think I will go with metal just to play safe .

Opposite will also be a bridge , two premolars , one molar pontic and the scond molar . Is there any problems if we have fcz opposite to fcz ?

J

jijimon

Reaction score
i think that is fine.do not give much seperation bucally veneer some porcelain and cut the porcelain only. total ridgelap pontics will be better

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
not a problem I would do it

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I agree with jijimon that you should make all the pontics ridgelap.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
sure, no problem. If building strong connectors is an issue, adapt the pontics and connectors to the ridge. And if thats not enough build a full zirconia bridge but cut it all back on the facial and incisal. That should do it...

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I would be looking for 20mm/sq minimum for the connectors.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
So I designed the bridge , I have 20 mm or more on every connector , 0.7 mm minimum thickness and the pontics are not that big . The molar has rotated a bit to the mesial so the gap is not that big . I think I will be ok .

Thanks for all your comments and advice !!!