Internal Frameworks

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
Doing some implant cases and making an internal frame for strength. First question I charge $125 for frame is this a fair price and secondly anybody making swing lock frames anymore because I do but they are more expensive.

Pat_L

Pat_L

Reaction score
Personally, I think 125 is inexpensive. We make swinglock partials but charge 140 for the framework and an extra 90 for the swinglock unless we do the double hinge with the latch in the middle, then it's another 30.

premierlab

premierlab

Reaction score
By internal frame im guessing your implying like a cast mesh framework? If so I have been charging $250 for these for years with not a single complaint.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Doing some implant cases and making an internal frame for strength. First question I charge $125 for frame is this a fair price and secondly anybody making swing lock frames anymore because I do but they are more expensive.
We get askes to make these all the time for different implant systems (and labs)most of the time it is just a simple frame for strength milled out of Ti (not cast) we charge them out at £50 a unit, not implant unit but tooth so if you need the bar to go from 5-5 then that is 10 units @ £50 per unit so £500. I think this is a fair price for all the work involved and at the end of the day the patient has paid alot of money for those implants to be placed and was happy to pay for the level of skill need to do the placement so dont undervalue the level of skill needed to do the restorative part of the case. All the best Pete

M

martintay

Reaction score
We get askes to make these all the time for different implant systems (and labs)most of the time it is just a simple frame for strength milled out of Ti (not cast) we charge them out at £50 a unit, not implant unit but tooth so if you need the bar to go from 5-5 then that is 10 units @ £50 per unit so £500. I think this is a fair price for all the work involved and at the end of the day the patient has paid alot of money for those implants to be placed and was happy to pay for the level of skill need to do the placement so dont undervalue the level of skill needed to do the restorative part of the case. All the best Pete

Pete, have you any photo`s ? Many Thanks Martin.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
This is just some of the bars/frames we have uploaded here in the past, its a mix of laser welded to abutments / bonded to abutments/ milled to fixture level /hader and so on, have loads more pics but stored on the computer at work. All the best Pete:)

The last picture is of a PEEK substructure, we are going to be doing alot more with this material and have been asked by the manufacturer to push it as far as we can (c&b & prosthetics) , also looking to see what colours they can make it in, We are also working with Titanium in a new way at a Molecular Level.Looks like a good start to 2013
280720092023.jpg 280720092015.jpg 280720092014.jpg 02082010391.jpg 280720092013.jpg 02082010390.jpg 02082010389.jpg 02082010388.jpg 02082010387.jpg 07122011795.jpg

Last edited:
araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the denture strengthener and not the beam/bar. The variety of design options is vast, so maybe a 'from' price would be appropriate. Here's a link to a well known chrome lab's website for examples of designs;
Implants | Chromeworks Inc.
Pete, any of these designs millable? thinking more about the hader for example.

M

martintay

Reaction score
This is just some of the bars/frames we have uploaded here in the past, its a mix of laser welded to abutments / bonded to abutments/ milled to fixture level /hader and so on, have loads more pics but stored on the computer at work. All the best Pete:)

The last picture is of a PEEK substructure, we are going to be doing alot more with this material and have been asked by the manufacturer to push it as far as we can (c&b & prosthetics) , also looking to see what colours they can make it in, We are also working with Titanium in a new way at a Molecular Level.Looks like a good start to 2013

Thanks Pete , very nice. Can you do Camlog (conelog) ? Also can you mill for conelog in Cr/Co and Zr for bonding to porcelain ? I presume these would be bonded afterwards to links ? Many Thanks.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the denture strengthener and not the beam/bar. The variety of design options is vast, so maybe a 'from' price would be appropriate. Here's a link to a well known chrome lab's website for examples of designs;

I have seen stuff like this milled and it looks very cool, we have only ever tried to mill bar type designs and 2 years ago I would of said no chance but will the new Exocad software I really think there iz a good chance of being able to mill nearly any type of design as long as it can waxed up first and then double scanned. All the best Pete.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks Pete , very nice. Can you do Camlog (conelog) ? Also can you mill for conelog in Cr/Co and Zr for bonding to porcelain ? I presume these would be bonded afterwards to links ? Many Thanks.
Hi pal. We try to keep away from fixture level stuff as our cam is just not set up for it yet but we can scan and mill to any abutment that has a ledge and then mill it in Zr Ti or Cr/Co again I know it sounds a bit soft but we tend to stear clear of the Cr/ Co material as it will kill the mill over time
so we just stick to Zr and Ti and even pmma over implants. Even did the worlds first oOsteocare milled bar a few months ago, Osteo are good friends of ours and milled off the hex to make it non engaging. All the best Pete

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi pal. We try to keep away from fixture level stuff as our cam is just not set up for it yet but we can scan and mill to any abutment that has a ledge and then mill it in Zr Ti or Cr/Co again I know it sounds a bit soft but we tend to stear clear of the Cr/ Co material as it will kill the mill over time
so we just stick to Zr and Ti and even pmma over implants. Even did the worlds first oOsteocare milled bar a few months ago, Osteo are good friends of ours and milled off the hex to make it non engaging. All the best Pete

Thanks Pete,much appreciated. Happy New Year to you all.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
You too mate HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on DLN.

C

coris

Reaction score
PEEK dental new application

Hi K2 Pete -
as PEEK (the last material in your pictures) is being tried more in dental for new thing like dentures, I too wanted to try its potential.
I also made some implant supported PEEK frameworks.
Seems interesting to try.
Maybe my dentists will tell the patient ok for provisional instead of pmma but it should be ok for permanent as CE marked and strong as titanium.
Mills nicely. got it from your referral at juvoradental.com
THX
when i figure out how to upload a picture I will post them :)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this, i have an implant case coming through in a day so that will have one of these in it.

C

coris

Reaction score
Juvora peek dental implant bridge

Here's a (failed) attempt at posting images of an implant support bridge from peek juvora material - sorry :(

Last edited:
A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
Personally, I think 125 is inexpensive. We make swinglock partials but charge 140 for the framework and an extra 90 for the swinglock unless we do the double hinge with the latch in the middle, then it's another 30.

Pat, can you upload a photo of the double hinge?
Also, would you mind if i use the photo in a power point presentation for Lab Tech students? Much appreciated, Andy