inLab version 3.6....initial thoughts?

P

PBomber

Reaction score
What are your thoughts about the inLab software, version 3.6? It seems to work much faster. The annoying waits between steps have been reduced and thickness threshholds are now visible in the design step. But the positioning tool does not work as it did in previous versions which is very annoying and affects the way i design, especially with multiple unit cases. The connector design flexibility is neat and the nesting mill can save lots of $. I will continue to post the + and - about the software (in my opinion, of course) and appreciate any thoughts and input.

Cheers
:D

LGTCDT

LGTCDT

Reaction score
What is the primary use of your InLab?

Q

qctam

Reaction score
I have noticed the pre-position tool does not perform the same way as the previous version. What I tried today was using the position tool in the same manner as the pre-position and that worked.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
So far I haven't had any real issues with it. We use the compact miller so the stacking feature doesn't help us. I do like seeing the postion of the restoration in the block. That's kind of cool. I've been able to rotate the restoration so I can get a second mill out of the block.:D

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
the reduce function is much faster. I always felt like that function was poorly coded, and looks like I was right. the new connector function is much much nicer. However, the pre-position tool is beyond pathetic. it's become totally useless.

I'm not totally sure whether it's 3.60 or 3.65, but the reduce function isn't as safe/reliable as it used to be. (I do only zirconia frames, usually with reduce function) Depending on tooth shape and position, the reduce function sometimes doesn't produce the proper shape and size of the margin/band, leading to chipping.

I've had a very bad chipping problem (margins) since using 3.60 and seems to be worse in 3.65. I've tried everything, but nothing's working. I could mill two units together, and one will be fine while the other is garbage. These aren't chips caused by worn burrs.. I'm getting 1-2mm chips breaking off.