Inlab to Exocad problem

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi,

This is what is happening when converting inlab 3.88 files to .stl and importing them to exocad.

1) the bluecam converted .cdt to .stl shows up inverted on exocad. This can be tricked by acquiring "inverted" on the bluecam, which then show up normal on exocad (a little weird .... get funny infinity lines when tracing the margin sometimes.... but for the most part it works.)
2) when acquiring with the bluecam --- the prep, buccal bite, and antagonist ---- save it and convert to .stl ---- it shows up in exocad all together on 1 screen (there are all 3 views floating around in 3D space..... but it is not possible to use the antagonist in the exocad software). It seems like exocad wants separate .stl files for the prep and the antagonist (but I'm not sure).

What can be the problem?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
We had the same issues while trying to import converted 3.88 stl files into 3shape, the inversion one is especially annoying

3shape also wants separate files for the prep and antagonist and we had to use a 3 party program like blender to import the mesh and export separate files for the prep and antagonist

My experience being the same as yours I'm not sure there's a good fix except the extra step and another program like Blender. inLab 3.88 is a pretty basic software program and it wasn't build with export of scans in mind

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is it possible to save the bite, antagonist,etc as separate stl files in inlab software? exocad wants them all as separate meshes .

It is possible to invert the triangles in expert mode in exocad. Not in front of my machine to give detailed instructions.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
From where I can get the blender software?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
By default it does not open .cdt files. How to solve that?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
2) when acquiring with the bluecam --- the prep, buccal bite, and antagonist ---- save it and convert to .stl ---- it shows up in exocad all together on 1 screen (there are all 3 views floating around in 3D space..... but it is not possible to use the antagonist in the exocad software). ?

Are they separate 'floating around in space'? If they are you can use the mesh editor in exo and save each one as a separate stl then reimport as needed.
You will then be able to register the antagonist to the bite and the jaw scan as well.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So now I used delcam to convert and save each part of the mesh file separately and it worked. This is however a bit time consuming. How easy it is in blender?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
So now I used delcam to convert and save each part of the mesh file separately and it worked. This is however a bit time consuming. How easy it is in blender?

Sounds about the same, you have to box in the mesh you want to export/save individually

Top Bottom