Injection acrylic using cold cure material

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Maybe someone like Pat Coons or Bob Kreyer can chime in.
My understanding is injection systems need to used PMMA designed to be injected.
A cold cure/autopolymerising resin may be curing as you inject and have residual stresses
that can be released after full cure and divested. Or am I overthinking it.
I am not even talking about using regular heat cured resin . . .
LCM

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
silly question, but why inject with cold cure material?
fyi we are injecting heat cure acrylics and it works great.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
My understanding is injection systems need to used PMMA designed to be injected.
A cold cure/autopolymerising resin may be curing as you inject and have residual stresses
LCM
Kulzer's Palajet was autocure.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
About 15 years ago, a "friend" of mine, definitely not me, accidentally refilled ivocap cartridge with what "they" thought was the bulk ivocap powder and it turned out to be the ivocap repair material. Personally I would try that as my "friend" says it turned out great. I would experiment first... I think it was pro base but it was also a long time ago, but I think if you were really quick you could inject it and get it to work as a cold cure injection. That said I hear Mark J screaming at me right now after I said that...

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
LCM
I routinely use monoject412 syringes for this. Mix and pour immediately in. Some materials work well this way, some don't. Depends on working time and viscosity.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
About 15 years ago, a "friend" of mine, definitely not me, accidentally refilled ivocap cartridge with what "they" thought was the bulk ivocap powder and it turned out to be the ivocap repair material. Personally I would try that as my "friend" says it turned out great. I would experiment first... I think it was pro base but it was also a long time ago, but I think if you were really quick you could inject it and get it to work as a cold cure injection. That said I hear Mark J screaming at me right now after I said that...

Sorry for the really bad grammar as I wrote the response above very quickly. I came back to correct just now and the edit button is gone , a suggestion being to please leave the edit button longer for people like me ;)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the really bad grammar as I wrote the response above very quickly. I came back to correct just now and the edit button is gone , a suggestion being to please leave the edit button longer for people like me ;)
I believe it's hard coded to 24 hours.

Top Bottom