In the hunt for a 3D Printer

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I am in the hunt for a 3d printer and would like to know what options to consider and who would y'all go with?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am in the hunt for a 3d printer and would like to know what options to consider and who would y'all go with?

I have a guy you can ask....

Jack Kim at Atech Dental in Rome, GA.

I just delivered his THIRD 3dSystems printer last week to him! :D

I have a like new 3dSystems ProJet DP for sale....$39k with Six Month warranty. My check was just cashed by BB&T bank today, and I have release note that means it is mine to sell now. LESS THAN One Day of printing! Those print jobs were my overflow I had dude print for me last Fall. Original price was $79,500.

I bought from Bank. Lab went out of business same day the system was sold. They worked for group practice that decided to send all work to China.

40 techs losts their job, and this equip never got used, and bank never got first payment.

I have owned Two of these myself, and am certified to repair them. I use one all day long, but I'm not selling mine.

I also have Two Sensable Tech Hapic Design stations with Smart-Optiks scanners and PC tower.

This will probably sell by Mon, so let me know if interested.

I was just in Mississippi and New Orleans....Georgia and Alabama recently. Love that area this time of year, and I want to go back and get some more Gumbo and Crawfish. Mmmmmmmm.

I could get you into Jewelry printing. That some good money right'der! Yes'em indeed.
I print Models all the time. I design them myself with Rhino and DentalShaper, or other software.
We make models hollow and short to reduce costs and time to print.

Printer is almost 5' tall.....4' deep....and is on rolling casters and will roll right in a door. It is less than 30" wide.
I think around 650lbs or so. Takes 120v regular plug....makes no noise....Ahhhh?? Can't think of anything else to say?

I bought my Second one for $79k and I love it. Been using them for Six years now. I also owned a SolidScape, and also an Envisiontec printer. (both are gone from my lab)

Scott

View attachment awww.dentalproductshopper.com_files_imagecache_Product_Big_Image_product_images_p12_3_4_11_NP.jpg

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
How much is the material to run in this? Does it have a lamp like the envisiontec and if so what is the life on it? Seriously considering!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No lamp to replace. It does have a Xenon curing lamp, but it usually last forever. I have replacements for $300, but I have yet to change one of my own.

You know me by now, right?

I print for 1/2 the cost of anyone else in the country!

I have secret tricks to reduce material costs.

Sh1t, just look at my prices! $2.95 to labs for wax prints per unit!!! Mostly profit I tell ya.

What does that tell ya? I'll beat anyone to pieces.....milling or printing. (as far as running costs and overhead/profit margin)

Anyone on this forum does not have the experience as I do with this stuff. I double-dog dare anyone to come close to $2.95 for a milled or waxprint.

That's the real deal.

This is the most profitable, most productive, most accurate printer on the market.

Very very few ever go up for sale! I look on ebay 2x a day for more. Never seen but one...and I bought it of course.

I'll throw in a Sensable Design Station with C&B and partials for only $5k more. Comes with Smart-optics scanner, and can be coupled with Exocad if ya want? That gizmo was around $38k with all the bells and whistles. I'm not into partials at all.

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ssssssooooolllllllllllllddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'll hold it for a day until we talk.

I can send samples and video of printer in operation.

I have Service CDs and can train you to repair it as well.

Why not? This is what I am doing recently.

My facility is full of manufacturing, and we are getting into sales and service of all types to have something else to do?

Plenty of work for all of us that are willing to take the leap into something different. I'm not even trying hard and it's working great for me.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Awesome I'll call you in the morning and we can set something up!

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
dang! i wanted it!

was gonna print me out some flippers! :rolleyes:

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Sorry homes, I am like a little kid at Christmas right now I can't wait to get my hands on it!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Tyler,

You will love it!! It will pay for itself, I promise!!! We live ours. I think we've had ours right at 4 years now.

Scott, my boss said that we didn't need another one at the time. I tried to talk him into it, but it didn't work. Oh well. We're not that far from Parkway are we Tyler? About two hours I believe. You like BBQ? It's amazing here in Birmingham. I know the perfect spot if you'd like to try it out!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Oh yeah,

I'd love to have the Sum 3D, but I think he shot me down again. Not sure. I told him that it was much more capable than what we have. He raised his eyebrows. I'd personally would love to have that software!!!

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
congrats!
looks like a great deal.

Scotts da man! that guy could make an omelet outa duct tape.

..i think this would be Scotts bike...

jet bike.jpg
jet bike.jpg