In-Line porcelain to metal bonding issues......HELP!!

W

wartoother

Reaction score
Try using ceram bond, that helped me too.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
you ought to be degassing at a good 50c above you opaque temp nathan, not below it.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
With the inline try a real thin wash fire of opaque and run it atleast 10-15 'c higher than your 1st opaque
so yes 3 opaques may be needed -
this is what i do on a daily basis and have not had issue in months

Greg Amendola MDT

G

Gene

Reaction score
I recently started to use white opeque on my first bake. Was told the the color of the 2nd coat will have a warmer appearance. I use dsign, seems to look better

NathanNever

NathanNever

Reaction score
you ought to be degassing at a good 50c above you opaque temp nathan, not below it.

You're right Paul. I explained probably bad. Meant that any treatment must be done as a minimum at the temperature of the wash opaque, preferably higher, consistent with the melting range of the alloy to avoid distortion. My English is a bit uncertain ... excuse me ... Wash opaque 950C, opaque 930C, treatment 980C, in my opinion best solution, never had any failures in the interface between opaque and alloy. :)

L

Lih

Reaction score
I also do not use In-line but am also thinking of switching over. Any feed backs between In-Line and the Kiss porcelains???
Also to address the above issues of the opaquebubbling/shearing.
My friend recently changed from using high gold metal to high pladium noble metal. He started to have bubbling and shearing problems with the opaque layer with his existing ceramco 3. He called me and we finally figured out what it was. Nothing to do with the finishing of his metals at all. The drying time was too short (2min) for the opaque layer before entering the furnace and what was occurring was a steam layer between the metal and opaque causing the bubbling and or space inbetween the metal and opaque as it dried too fast. As soon as we increased the dry time to 8 minutes all of his problems dissappeared. Sometimes we are trying to do things too fast. Don't forget too that the thicker the opaue layer the longer the dry time required (paste opaques are denser).
hope this helps out even though its been awhile since the posting.

A

Arkhalon

Reaction score
I use GC but i was InLine course few months ago and i ask that question what is your problem, and ivoclar instructor Florin Stoboran told me : The first fire is wash at 980C or 960C with thin layer white opaker modifier after make a 1st and 2nd opaker layer. Dont use other manufacturer bonding, only thin layer white opaker.

Top Bottom