IMT vs. Jager Spindles

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Alright folks let the great debate start on the good and bad of these two spindles. IMT vs Jager!

I have one machine with a Jager Spindle love them!

I have another machine with a IMT not to fond of....

Now this is what I was told by the company....

The IMT spindle is what we are using now along with the Jager spindles. It is a German made spindle, the Jager spindle in your older machine is a 1.0KW spindle, where as the IMT spindle is a 2.5KW, heavier duty spindle. The IMT is actually a better more expensive spindle. The reason we are switching to IMT is because Jager is difficult to work with when repairs are needed and are slow in production. This is one of the reasons why the manufacturer had delays in the delivery of your machine. So, we will be using both spindles in our 3000, 5000 and higher machines.

Now I asked them if my old machine goes down tomorrow and the spindle needs replaced how long would it take to get it back up and running they, said they had spare ones for back up in the facility and would take ours and rebuild it but who knows how long that would take???

I would love to hear what y'all have to say about this and what are your opinions and experiences between the 2 spindles!

To me the Jager is the rolls royce of spindles!

Yager on the left and IMT on the right...

2012-06-22 12.16.09.jpg 2012-06-22 12.36.25.jpg
2012-06-22 12.16.09.jpg 2012-06-22 12.36.25.jpg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Tyler ,

If I remember correctly you have two Origin mills right ? So the one has a Jager and the other has an IMT ? Did you know that the 2.5 KW spindle is not a Jager or did you find out later ? Do you have any problems with the IMT spindle ?

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
If I were sold a mill with a Jager and learn later it was a (?) doesn't matter the brand, I would want a refund. And knowing about the problems everyone is having geting zirconia
Can you say 2 Rolands, or new Cam.. :)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Tyler ,

If I remember correctly you have two Origin mills right ? So the one has a Jager and the other has an IMT ? Did you know that the 2.5 KW spindle is not a Jager or did you find out later ? Do you have any problems with the IMT spindle ?

Yes I have 2 Origin Mills a Pro 4000 and a Pro 3000. The Pro 4000 is about a year old and it came with a Jager spindle which is the 1.0kw spindle have never had a problem.

The newer machine which is a Pro 3000 has a IMT 2.5kw spindle. I have had tools drop out of the spindle every now and then, and when I do a tool change it has a friction feel and it is harder to get my tools in and out compared to the Jager. I have just ignored this thinking it was a new spindle and it needed time to work all the kinks out.

It has definitely raised my attention today and I have a lot running through my head right now.

I was not aware they were putting these in the machines! Everything I have ever saw from them they advertised the Jager spindle.

I am going to dig through my paper work and see if the order form has a Jager spindle on the description and see what it says!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
From what I can see at their website , they are advertising ''2.5 kw heavy duty spindles '' they are not saying Jager anywhere . Now I am thinking about it , when I was discussing about my machine , never heard the words Jager and 2.5 KW at the same sentence so.... Check your paperwork and let us all know . I hope the spindle in my machine won't have the same problems as yours . I just want the job done , if it is not Jager and it is another brand then fine by me . Hope you work it out .

Dimitris

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Pittman Dental in GA has Two of those mills and were complaining about spindles to me today again.

Gheez, why are they not lasting five years of more?

Fischer Precise!~~ They run and run and run.....

C

charles007

Reaction score
Never mind

Last edited:
S

Swatch8x

Banned
Reaction score
I've been using a 1.2Kw Jager spindle for over 4 years now, never had any problems. Still works like new.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I researched a bit and IMT are considered top quality spindles alongside Jager and NSK . Anyway I will wait mine and keep you posted .

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
What kind of spindle is in the DWX50??? But so far I haven't had issues with my Jager spindle..seems solid and takes a beating.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
From what I can see at their website , they are advertising ''2.5 kw heavy duty spindles '' they are not saying Jager anywhere . Now I am thinking about it , when I was discussing about my machine , never heard the words Jager and 2.5 KW at the same sentence so.... Check your paperwork and let us all know . I hope the spindle in my machine won't have the same problems as yours . I just want the job done , if it is not Jager and it is another brand then fine by me . Hope you work it out .

Dimitris

Whatever their website may say, when I visited them, they specifically told me that they use Jaeger spindles. Not quite a promise, but still more than implying that we'd get a machine with a Jaeger spindle. It looks like I'll end up with a Jaeger spindle, though a less than 2.5Kw spindle. I wonder if I might be better off with a 2.5Kw IMT spindle, since I'll be milling metal.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Whatever their website may say, when I visited them, they specifically told me that they use Jaeger spindles. Not quite a promise, but still more than implying that we'd get a machine with a Jaeger spindle. It looks like I'll end up with a Jaeger spindle, though a less than 2.5Kw spindle. I wonder if I might be better off with a 2.5Kw IMT spindle, since I'll be milling metal.

I am currently waiting for my machine , a D 40 . I 'll be milling metal . If I understood right Yena's guys they are using 1KW Jager spindle as a standard for their big machines , D 30 and D 40 , and they have as an option the 2,5 Kw spindle , which is the same they are using on their biggest machine , DC 40 . When I asked them if the extra money for the bigger spindle worth it , they told me that if I want to mill metal , the 1Kw will do the job with no problems at all , but the 2,5 will do it better . More power never hurt anyone is what I thought . And I chose the 2,5 . I believe I made the right choice , and I am sure you did . If I were you I would stick with the 2,5 Kw , since you want to mill metal . It may not be as ''famous'' as jager , but I did a brief research and they are considered top class . The weird thing is that your machine doesn't work . They test all their machines before they ship them . They even invited me to Istanbul at their facilities to test it together and then put it in the box and ship it . Hope you work things out soon , you waited long enough already !!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
From the way I understood it when to the company I got my machines from is the 2.5 wiring in the machine is different from the 1.0 and I am assuming I can't guarantee it but I bet the wiring in it is for the jager instead of the imt. I would think this is why the imt doesn't work because the wiring is off and can't supply the right voltage resulting in them putting a jager in the machine instead.

No only thing is just make sure the jager is brand new instead of a used or rebuilt one. I would have them provide the proper paperwork showing you it is new.

If my jager went down tonight they would send me a loaner machine and I have to pay them 700 for the use of the loaner. It is What it is and I have my opinions but ill play nice.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

You never aNSwered my comment about you not having the 5000 5-axis mill in your recent mill thread. I think you have a Four axis, which is going to be tricky to do metal on.

Did you order a 5-axis, or not? And, you have a what? I think 4-axis only.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You never aNSwered my comment about you not having the 5000 5-axis mill in your recent mill thread. I think you have a Four axis, which is going to be tricky to do metal on.

I think some other guys answered that for him by posting a pic in harmony's other thread .

Y

YMS96

Reaction score

page16-1000-full.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
2nd rotary is the spindle on the B&D mills? Like a KaVo huh? I thought on yenadent site the spindles did not rotate, but rather the two rotarys were on the table.

Guess not?

Thanks for the pic!

Yak!

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score

I see a pivot behind the spindle... so yeah, it is a 5 axis... I wasn't too worried about that, as what we ordered was definitely the 5000.

I am currently waiting for my machine , a D 40 . I 'll be milling metal . If I understood right Yena's guys they are using 1KW Jager spindle as a standard for their big machines , D 30 and D 40 , and they have as an option the 2,5 Kw spindle , which is the same they are using on their biggest machine , DC 40 . When I asked them if the extra money for the bigger spindle worth it , they told me that if I want to mill metal , the 1Kw will do the job with no problems at all , but the 2,5 will do it better . More power never hurt anyone is what I thought . And I chose the 2,5 . I believe I made the right choice , and I am sure you did . If I were you I would stick with the 2,5 Kw , since you want to mill metal . It may not be as ''famous'' as jager , but I did a brief research and they are considered top class . The weird thing is that your machine doesn't work . They test all their machines before they ship them . They even invited me to Istanbul at their facilities to test it together and then put it in the box and ship it . Hope you work things out soon , you waited long enough already !!

Well, we never "chose" the 2.5Kw spindle, they decided on their own. Somebody somewhere didn't test this, and that's a bit disconcerting. There's either wrong wiring, controller or transformer or something. It's supposed to be fixed by Friday, so I hope there aren't any more delays.

From the way I understood it when to the company I got my machines from is the 2.5 wiring in the machine is different from the 1.0 and I am assuming I can't guarantee it but I bet the wiring in it is for the jager instead of the imt. I would think this is why the imt doesn't work because the wiring is off and can't supply the right voltage resulting in them putting a jager in the machine instead.

No only thing is just make sure the jager is brand new instead of a used or rebuilt one. I would have them provide the proper paperwork showing you it is new.

If my jager went down tonight they would send me a loaner machine and I have to pay them 700 for the use of the loaner. It is What it is and I have my opinions but ill play nice.

So does that mean this machine is limited to 1Kw spindles? Anyway, is there a definite way to tell whether a spindle's been rebuilt?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Alright folks let the great debate start on the good and bad of these two spindles. IMT vs Jager!

I have one machine with a Jager Spindle love them!

I have another machine with a IMT not to fond of....

Now this is what I was told by the company....

The IMT spindle is what we are using now along with the Jager spindles. It is a German made spindle, the Jager spindle in your older machine is a 1.0KW spindle, where as the IMT spindle is a 2.5KW, heavier duty spindle. The IMT is actually a better more expensive spindle. The reason we are switching to IMT is because Jager is difficult to work with when repairs are needed and are slow in production. This is one of the reasons why the manufacturer had delays in the delivery of your machine. So, we will be using both spindles in our 3000, 5000 and higher machines.

Now I asked them if my old machine goes down tomorrow and the spindle needs replaced how long would it take to get it back up and running they, said they had spare ones for back up in the facility and would take ours and rebuild it but who knows how long that would take???

I would love to hear what y'all have to say about this and what are your opinions and experiences between the 2 spindles!

To me the Jager is the rolls royce of spindles!

Yager on the left and IMT on the right...

View attachment 3193 View attachment 3194

Is your IMT spindle 2.5 Kw? The one in my machine was 1.4Kw...

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I really have no idea man, they claim it is but there is no telling!