immediate dentures

T

twaite

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm wondering if anyone is blocking out the anterior of their immediate denture's? What are you blocking out with and do you do it after flasking?
Does anyone follow Turby Fill methods?

Teresa

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Immediate denture, I duplicate the cast prior to processing. (an alginate while cast is in flask works) After processing I adjust the denture to fit the duplicate in the area of the immediate. Reduces the time DDS has to spend trying to get an immediate to go and I make the case adjustment much nicer than they would. They seem to appreciate the little extra effort.

Jack Turbyfill DDS I'm not to sure but isn't that like doing 2 dentures to get one?

Last edited:
budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I'm an in-house Tech and we are doing about half our dentures as immediates'
1 I always duplicate the models, twice if a temporary baseplate is need for a registration appliance
2 I always cross-mount the original model and one set of duplicate models, it's good to have a record of the presenting situation, Magnetic mounting plate will save time here.
3 I wax the flanges thick and trim back the excess undercuts post processing, I add an extra thickness of baseplate wax right up to the cervical margins of the cuspids because patients seem to swell up more in that area and its nice to have something to relieve there.

We see the patient 1st day post-op and make any adjustments, and place a chair-side softliner at around 6 weeks depending on healing.
A reline is scheduled 6 mo after the softliner

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Off topic budgenator does the usual in house get paid a salary or is it piece work like self-employed persons get. I use magnetic articulators some I designed and made myself prior to them being available as they are now (I still have some & use them from the 70's). But using these I remount every case for checking, I also wax thicker around the border and in cuspid region pretty much same reason. Now taking double time to do these cross mounting things makes my wages lower than they are. I am lucky to get a reline at the 1 year, It seems most DDS save the lab charge for the 1 year, mostly there is some crud (some soft) that was probably placed in the 3 or 6 mo that I usually clean up. Some are so bad I often rebase.