hybrid construction

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
hello i need help
how do you manage space between esthetic pink and white and how do you close it? it is a hybrid construction -titan base on which the crowns will be cemented -pink esthetic on titan base
do you first cement the crowns and than make esthetic pink
do you make a try in of white esthetic than cement it and finish with pink
i made the two separately it's wrong?because now i have to close the space of pink and white

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You have a picture?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What material are you using for the gingiva?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
First off...GORGEOUS WORK!!! Your lingual ceramics is stunning, as for your questions

At this stage...I'd use extra light cure cement, it will seal around the areas of concern (unless I'm not seeing bigger areas in the pictures). This looks like it was done in pink porcelain (correct me if i'm wrong). Most of them I've done, were done using a pink composite after the crowns were already cemented in.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b did a beauty recently. See if he's available to chip it an idear er two

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
First off...GORGEOUS WORK!!! Your lingual ceramics is stunning, as for your questions

At this stage...I'd use extra light cure cement, it will seal around the areas of concern (unless I'm not seeing bigger areas in the pictures). This looks like it was done in pink porcelain (correct me if i'm wrong). Most of them I've done, were done using a pink composite after the crowns were already cemented in.
i used composite for gingiva on titan frame - what's the brand of the extra light cure cement, which seal around the areas you can apply it directly ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
i used composite for gingiva on titan frame - what's the brand of the extra light cure cement, which seal around the areas you can apply it directly ?
I use G-CEM LinkAce it's a GC product but others are out there for this application. You would use this to cement the crowns onto the titan frame, just use extra and it will fill in that tiny area of your concern. However, since you used pink composite, just use some of that after the crowns are cemented onto the frame. From the pictures it doesn't look you need to use much at all. Out of curiosity, what material are the crowns?

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
What material are you using for the gingiva?
ivoclar nexco gingiva and mixing color fluid kulzer - i am not good in gingiva next time i try to make it better
the gingiva set from ivoclar is not very expensive compared with other brands and i think you can have good results

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
ivoclar nexco gingiva and mixing color fluid kulzer - i am not good in gingiva next time i try to make it better
the gingiva set from ivoclar is not very expensive compared with other brands and i think you can have good results
Thanks for the details.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
I use G-CEM LinkAce it's a GC product but others are out there for this application. You would use this to cement the crowns onto the titan frame, just use extra and it will fill in that tiny area of your concern. However, since you used pink composite, just use some of that after the crowns are cemented onto the frame. From the pictures it doesn't look you need to use much at all. Out of curiosity, what material are the crowns?
zircon for the frame and layered with porcelain Creation CT

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC Optiglaze might do the trick....

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Fantastic work there Patrick. I saw Bill Marais giving a presentation last year, he cemented the crowns to the frame before doing the gum work. Something which peeked my interest from his presentation was that composite won't bond to the glazed surface of the crowns long term, and over time the junction between the crown and the gum will open a fraction and blacken with bacteria ingress etc. So he lightly sand blasts or roughens the gingival area before applying primers and doing his composite work to prevent this from happening.

Last edited:
D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Fantastic work there Patrick. I saw Bill Marais giving a presentation on last year, he cemented the crowns to the frame before doing the gum work. Something which peeked my interest from his presentation was that composite won't bond to the glazed surface of the crowns long term, and over time the junction between the crown and the gum will open a fraction and blacken with bacteria ingress etc. So he lightly sand blasts or roughens the gingival area before applying primers and doing his composite work to prevent this from happening.
thank you for your answer very interesting !i think you are right the next case i will cement the crowns and and than doing gum
have you an idea what can i make now to close the junction between crowns and gum in a easy way?

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
thank you for your answer very interesting !i think you are right the next case i will cement the crowns and and than doing gum
have you an idea what can i make now to close the junction between crowns and gum in a easy way?
Maybe place your crowns on the frame, mark where your gingiva contacts your crowns (on the crowns) lightly sandblast the glazed areas, etch and prime, cement your crowns and then as Affinity suggested apply optiglaze(perhaps from their gingiva shades) in the junction area and cure.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Maybe place your crowns on the frame, mark where your gingiva contacts your crowns (on the crowns) lightly sandblast the glazed areas, etch and prime, cement your crowns and then as Affinity suggested apply optiglaze(perhaps from their gingiva shades) in the junction area and cure.
thank you very much for your help i made a mistake yesterday i ask the dentist to make the try in and cement the crowns and to give me back the work in order to finish the junction