How Would You Restore This Tooth???

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I really appreciate your work. The layering and colors are quite natural. My only issue is that's fine with a single restoration to blend in. If we were to do a larger case like some of the other ones you have pictured in this thread and others it would be flatly rejected by the patient! Unless they are absolutely in love with the stained, crazed lined teeth they had, most people (all women) would not accept those teeth! They just dropped some major coin on a new set of teeth. They want lighter colors and no stains so they will feel younger, maybe it might even make them think they look like hollywood star. We've had centrals sent back to us because they were "cracked". So, unless we have to match a pre-existing discolored tooth, we go light on the stains and no craze lines, especially on an anterior set. Much easier than redoing a 10 unit bridge because the patient didn't like the custom staining.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Well dang, over 100 views and nobody is intrested in how other labs get the results they do.

Ive been documenting different teeth and prep shades and the combination of emax cores and layering materials to get predictable results.

Nobody seems intrested anymore so, I'll keep it with the Drs that pay my bills.

Here are the finals for this case.

Al Hodges"

Al,
People are very interested. I thought about this last night. It's a bit of a pain, like posting pictures can be...times 10 maybe. But, videos of a porcelain build up and stainig etc would be absolutely killer. Easy to set up a youtube account. They only allow a max of 10 minutes per video however. That caused me to crop a lot, and in some cases, make 2 videos for 1 thread.
Still, sure got a lot of views, but very few responses.
Most of the views came from google hits I think.....at this thread....bionator....down a little way from the top of the list here....some twit put this up a while back....Orthodontics - Page 4 - Dental Lab Network
Thing is, you make a video, people will buy the video as well. Which leads to classes or anywhere you want to go. Like you don't have enough to do already.
mike.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
i really enjoy your work and how to complete them. I just dont type much because keyboard skills are not my best subject but please continue

best wishes

chris

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How would you restore this tooth????

I'd sub it out to Al!! Rob

H

halfshaft5

Reaction score
Really nice result, impressed with the result with a MO block, I would have chosen a LT block because they look so lifelike in the mouth, they are not overpowering and standout as better than mother nature but suttle enough to get the job done very well. Again great job, hope you have more to show us, looks very good.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Al,
Thanks so much for sharing. I'm supposed to be doing my taxes today, but I can't stop gawkin'!
You really should be doing clinics for Ivoclar.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi Al, Fantastic job again. Its great to see you do this stuff because we all can actually ask questions about your work and learn as we go. Kinda like learning it from a high end book exept you can talk back which makes it immesurably better.
Would a B1 LT have done the job for base shade or do you think the ND3 stump would have effected the final result?

Love the multiple crown stuff Al, I paid $300 for books with that stuff in it
look forward to your next case and yeh you should do clinics for Ivoclar, go travel and get paid. (and lots of freebies to boot)

jeff

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al.

Wow, what can I say. Those resorations are absolutely beee u t ful. Great Job,,,not like you needed to hear that. LOL. I am new to the site, so its taking a while to get around. But, I would like to extend my appreciation of your talent, dedication and unselfishness. Its people like you that make this site great. now that I've seen a few works of art is, still got a loooooong way to go, but I have my inspiration.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im guessing the actual number of lurkers is less than the number would indicate, just because so many people do a double take and come back to try to absorb more. I appreciate the teachings here greatly. My question is- with a fairly vital stump color, why didnt you work on top of an LT instead?

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Al some do some teach some write. you my friend have done the hat trick
Stan

Top Bottom