How to glaze full contour zirconia?

H

holyhikaru

Reaction score
Do you glaze the full contour zirconia?

If yes, which glaze material you use?

I am confused because I don't see the glazing material for inCoris TZI, so I wonder should we glaze for the zirconia?

Thank you

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yeah, I use the Emax Fluo paste glaze. Zirconia does not fluoresce so you really need to add that fluorescence after the fact. Get the paste about the consistency of elmores glue. Very nice. I glaze at 820c with zirconia though.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Yeah, I use the Emax Fluo paste glaze. Zirconia does not fluoresce so you really need to add that fluorescence after the fact. Get the paste about the consistency of elmores glue. Very nice. I glaze at 820c with zirconia though.

how long do you hold at 820c?

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Do you glaze the full contour zirconia?

If yes, which glaze material you use?

I am confused because I don't see the glazing material for inCoris TZI, so I wonder should we glaze for the zirconia?

Thank you

I mill InCoris TZI.. You do everything in House?? Have the working manual??

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
how long do you hold at 820c?

I have a 2 minute dry, 45c up to 820c for 1 minute. Some glaze around 790c I have heard but due to zirconia wanting to displace heat about as fast as you apply it, I go slightly higher. Nice results too.

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
Use the "Zircon-Brite" before Glazing so if the glaze breaks it will still be smooth underneath. I've actually received a criticism that my FCZ was too shiny after using Zircon-Brite!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Use the "Zircon-Brite" before Glazing so if the glaze breaks it will still be smooth underneath. I've actually received a criticism that my FCZ was too shiny after using Zircon-Brite!

I second that. That stuff is awesome! I use it own the occlusion especially before glazing. Stuff will blind you.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We were using the e.max universal S&G kit. We have since changed to the Luster Paste kit from GC. Big improvment!!
Merry Christmas,
Bob

C

charles007

Reaction score
We were using the e.max universal S&G kit. We have since changed to the Luster Paste kit from GC. Big improvment!!
Merry Christmas,
Bob

Lustre puts life in these restorations..and can tighten the proximal contacts if you paint it on thick..
Merry Christmas

Last edited: