How many of us are there?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Lets hope your staff can spell properly!

I guess this does show that even a dyslexic can do well in this industry. I have been well compensated in many other ways to negate my learning disabilities. One is not to make fun until I know it based on more than my inability to rebut the other guys statement.

Yes we do have people that can spell correctly in 6 different languages that I know of but its probably more. English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Portuguese.

If your best rebuttal to my post is my spelling then I can live with it. This is certainly not the first time I've had this happen in my 63 years and yours will not be the last.

I use my name on my posts not a screen name. I've always wondered why most do this or boards even allow it. Your post is a typical example of what screen names bring to the table.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
I guess this does show that even a dyslexic can do well in this industry. I have been well compensated in many other ways to negate my learning disabilities. One is not to make fun until I know it based on more than my inability to rebut the other guys statement.

Yes we do have people that can spell correctly in 6 different languages that I know of but its probably more. English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Portuguese.

If your best rebuttal to my post is my spelling then I can live with it. This is certainly not the first time I've had this happen in my 63 years and yours will not be the last.

I use my name on my posts not a screen name. I've always wondered why most do this or boards even allow it. Your post is a typical example of what screen names bring to the table.

Tom , I think "cheadlemick" is mispelled........ I think it's suppose to be "Needle****"

James R Neuber (aka Bobby Orr Ceramics) Check out my YouTube video from Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Vancouver (my hometown).

countdown to Cup.MOV - YouTube

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Tom , I think "cheadlemick" is mispelled........ I think it's suppose to be "Needle****"

James R Neuber (aka Bobby Orr Ceramics) Check out my YouTube video from Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Vancouver (my hometown).

countdown to Cup.MOV - YouTube

Glad to meet you James. We had a pro Hockey team in Waco called the Wizards. Its so hot here the one game I went to the fog was so thick on the ice the puck was not visible to me. Only lasted two seasons but I still have a hat somewhere. We use frozen water for iced tea down here.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
It would seem there are fewer of us in 2013 than when I started this in 2010
It was reported there were This industry employed some 56,750 people domestically. in 2000
Then in 2010 the reported employment was 40,900.
O*NET Code Connector - Dental Laboratory Technicians - 51-9081.00
Those interested or courious the listing for is easiest to search.
Dental Laboratory Technicians - 51-9081.00

In Dental Laboratory Technicians : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
they are guessing 40,900
we are also called 8072 dental laboratory
SEC Info - Dental laboratories
Dental Laboratories market report | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

Although this kind of sums us up:
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, dental lab technicians, in the course of their daily work, may engage in such tasks as employing a variety of hand tools for extremely detailed work; reading dentists' prescriptions and examining dental impressions and models; grinding, polishing, and soldering dental appliances; attempting to resolve problems in the design and setup of dentures; consulting with individual dentists for problem resolution; and fabricating full or partial dentures and crowns.

Top Bottom