How do you export from exocad?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Who uses the NetworkCopying Filter button, found on the upper Right-hand side of the DentalDB?

It usually says "Copy"

Or, who saves right from the modeling sceen? Explain your process....I can think of a couple ways.

Or, who goes into the DentalCAD folder and finds the folder of what you are looking for and pulls it out/copys it that way.

Just curious. You can also set-up automatic FTP uploading as well, and other things.

Scott

P

PinAn

Reaction score
copy by my right click
and post to other PC in network

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
huh?

You go into hard-drive, find your project file folder, then copy the CAD stl file. Right?

I guess you have a shortcut on your desktop to the project folder?

Does this sound about right?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
that's what I did when I was trying out EXOCAD - is there a faster way?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
of course.

You can "One-click-send" whatever, wherever...from the DentalDB interface.

Load the file in the DB manager, or maybe it is already the current case you just finished designing, then click on the "Copy" button in upper right hand corner.

It will export just the CAD file, or CAD + ConstructionInfo, or the whole CAD modeling scene to wherever you have it configured to send it.

Local, or to another network PC, or outside to FTP site.

Chewbacca

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
lol. do you update your profile every week? and it's so indepth.....

Kashyyyk - win

R

Rune

Reaction score
I pick em up in the cam software directly from the folder.
No hassle really. In 2013 version i'll be able to export directly to cam :)
I'll start pushing mails to my rep on sunday, and possibly i'll get the 2013 on monday :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If you have SUM3d, it can be sent automatically into CAM nexting using exoCAM interface.

FAST import due to constructionINFO being used for finding margin and proper material and blank size and other stuff.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We use a design only dongle on a second comp and have a little network set up so there is a shortcut from tbe scan comp to the design comp so we can open scans and start sesigning. Just started playing about with exos clever mesh and save functions. Open a job in dental DB any job and then turn off wizard and close off any designs on screen then import mesh use all the smart tools and then go right click and save, choose from .stl and a few other options save to anywhere.

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
Chewbacca, how about sending a design file to a 3D viewer of some sort so you can send it to your doctor so he can view it, turn it around, annotate, etc. Can that be done?

Dan

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I have seen on the Exo web page a sentence on sending a scan or design via a simple pdf from within Exo. not used it myself but it must be there.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You can export anything and everything you can get into One CAD sceen.

All the meshs.

Then, anyone with a 3dviewer or any decent cad program could open one mesh file, or load all into a sceen and render in many ways.

R

Rune

Reaction score
Exo has 3d pdf support.
I asked around the forum some weeks ago for a viewer, but no one knew.
Then suddenly in exo : the 3d pdf export. Perfect for sending out cases for viewing by customers :-D
You can zoom, rotate, select surface type etc.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Rune is correct why have the doc get 3d viewer like mesh lab or others just send as a 3d PDF. Even on iPad or iphone without flash you see 6 views and it can be annotated and have the option tree to display or hide the antagonist, neighbors, etc.

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
Exo has 3d pdf support.
I asked around the forum some weeks ago for a viewer, but no one knew.
Then suddenly in exo : the 3d pdf export. Perfect for sending out cases for viewing by customers :-D
You can zoom, rotate, select surface type etc.

So, can anyone explain in simple terms how I can send a 3D pdf file of, let's say, an implant bar design to my account so he can view it, turn it and annotate?
thank you guys.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Right click on the background, save scene then choose the save as type 3D PDF instead of default dental CAD scene.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I don't have the 3d pdf option... what version is everyone on?

L

le-ant

Reaction score
of course.

You can "One-click-send" whatever, wherever...from the DentalDB interface.

Load the file in the DB manager, or maybe it is already the current case you just finished designing, then click on the "Copy" button in upper right hand corner.

It will export just the CAD file, or CAD + ConstructionInfo, or the whole CAD modeling scene to wherever you have it configured to send it.

Local, or to another network PC, or outside to FTP site.

Chewbacca
Hi there. I've just had a wieland milling machine installed alongside my medit scanner, but when we try and set up the copy button to export to network , exocad cannot see the network. The computers are linked by the network, we can drag the files where we need them, but if we could setup the copy button to work directly with the network it would save time. Do we need to configure the database in a different way?
Thanks in advance!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Welcome back cranky old man.