How do I create a new library in 3shape? How do I import it Soni can use it for my designs?

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Hey All! Looking to create my own library or at least build on current ones. I looked in the control panel and seen an option to import into libraries. Can I export a completed design file into the control panel? If so how? TIA!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
first of all, do you mean tooth library or implant library

second, this is in slightly the wrong area. JMN or Travis will likely move it soon.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Tooth Library. Great thanks for the info!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Tooth Library. Great thanks for the info!
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

We try to keep info where it's expected to be found for the next person who needs it. No big deal. If you create a thread in the wrong place by accident just ping me and or travis using

@name

like @juliadesigns4u put a notification in your list that I mentioned you.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I'll just contact someone from 3shape

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Dude chill. I'll figure it out. .

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ok but i outlined the whole process for you (nearly 10 years ago) ?

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Just saw a video. I assume there is no easy way of doing it. I was hoping I could use a stl file from my design file and just export it creating a new tooth. Looks like would have to use scan-it and manipulate a crown using goofy tools or something. Thought it would be a lot more straight forward. And what's with the scanning a wax up? I guess there's a lot of ways to do ..

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Just trying to make my life simpler but seems it might make it more complicated...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just trying to make my life simpler but seems it might make it more complicated...
Library creation is a hefty chore to take on. It's possible, but it's not fast or simple. Too many things to be set for scaling, rotation, etc to just scan a waxup. The software isn't that smart. It's just streamlined for us.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you didn't scan a physical representation you could create something using digital tools like meshlab or solidworks, or some other 3d shape sculpting software.

but to get it into 3shape you have to go through scanitlibrary.

its just that scanning the phyisical objects more or less gives the software the orientation you expect tooth-to-tooth. see what you need is 3d files that line up in an arch curve, this is dramatically harder to do when you don't start from the standpoint of a jaw scan.

you want to do LESS work, and having to move them all over the GD place just to start to visualize your pt's new smile is ridiculous.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Never used meshlab or any other 3rd party software. This is my roadblock. Is downloading going to take up a lot of memory? It's a company computer. I have a full jaw scan both upper and lower.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Less work is not the objective here. I want to help them as much as possible by being productive. it takes me 10min a crown to contour from Matt's library.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
Less work is not the objective here. I want to help them as much as possible by being productive. it takes me 10min a crown to contour from Matt's library
Less work is not the objective here. I want to help them as much as possible by being productive. it takes me 10min a crown to contour from Matt's library.
An arch takes me 2.5hours. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it's time to upload🤷

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you have scans of your desired contours, you're already in business.

its going to take a bit of time to get them scanned in and functional but the investment of time here pays dividends doing your designs. take the time to scan the teeth in. its not hard work its just time consuming.

but if you get it right you won't need to redo the process.

Top Bottom