Hi , Programat 500 vacuum pump VP3 Quesiton

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Hello , i am new here , this is my first thread here , i am Edy from israel , i just bought programat p500 G2 , and i have few questions if i may :) , i am a starting dental technician , and i can say i am blessed to have been given this profession , my first question is about the pump which came with the furnace , its the small one -Vacuum Pump VP3 easy- , after i put the firing chart for ceramco3 , furnace start the firing program and when it reaches that it must start the vacuum - V1- stage , the pump start to work , this is the weird part , the pump never stops until the firing program reaches -V2- stage ( vacuum ends) , is this normal ? why i ask this , on my old furnace ELITE 600 , the pump starts vacuum and after it reaches the point that the vacuum is ok , the pump stops working , and the vacuum its released few minutes later by the furnace , the programt furnace its not , the pump its still working until the hole time reaches -V2- ....

My other question is about ceramco3 firing chart , is anyone using here ceramco3 porcelain ? if yes , could you give me dentine 1st and 2nd firing program charts u are using ? and for the natural glaze too , and if you have the charts for the ceramco3 zirconia porcelain same , dentine 1st and 2nd charts + glaze too

Thanks in advance
Edy
:)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's normal, the pump runs to maintain a constant level of vacuum through the entire cycle. I can't help with the Ceramco 3 question, never used it. Rob

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Yup, that's normal, the pump runs to maintain a constant level of vacuum through the entire cycle. I can't help with the Ceramco 3 question, never used it. Rob
thank you Rob , i am a bit relaxed now :)

A

AL1

Reaction score
I second that, I have the same setup.
That is how it is designed to work.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
another question . . . when u want to turn on/off the furnace , you always need to use the back button ? there is no touch button or something else ?

Thanks in advance :)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
That is how it is on mine however, I haven't turned it off in years, I read somewhere that muffles last longer if you don't. It seems that the moisture resulting from condensation shortens muffle life. It made sense to me at the time and I've just left it on ever since, but I don't know if it's really true or not.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
that dosent apply with the new ivoclar ovens rob, they have a different/more advanced muffle and you can switch them off from HOT no problem.

Check with ivoclar if you want confirmation.

You will save a ton of electric by not having them on all the time. In its self, this is one of the greatest things about these ovens.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
thank you guys , anyone can tell me now what u can do with the 2 stages that this furnace comes with ? my ceramco3 firing charts dont show anything to do with 2 stages programs , thats why , maybe i do some program for the 2 stage to see what results gives , thanks again

P

paulg100

Reaction score
sintering and stain/glazing emax cad in 1 cycle for starters.

Other than that, i have no idea.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
the programat 500 when finishes a firing , it opens upwards , i always must to close it down ? because its always playing a melody song if i dont close it , or i just press STOP and i can leave it open even if i am not using the furnace ?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yeah you can leave it open, providing you wanna burn a ton of electric!

With the muffle open the oven is fighting to maintain its stand by temp with no insulation, its something i used to nag the ceramic guys about constantly.

Other than that youll get loads of dust in the chamber over time so better to keep it closed..

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
yeah you can leave it open, providing you wanna burn a ton of electric!

With the muffle open the oven is fighting to maintain its stand by temp with no insulation, its something i used to nag the ceramic guys about constantly.

Other than that youll get loads of dust in the chamber over time so better to keep it closed..

Thanks man for info appreciate it :)