hi everyone first time posting, my name is julian questions regarding exocad

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
hi everyone, been reading up on this forum for a while now, LOVE IT!!!! who can help me regarding some info in the best exocad distributors, im purchasing a medit scanner from solutionix, and thinking of purchasing the delcam deg-5x mill for alloy milling can anyone give me some insight, our lab is in ny and most of our business is ti abutments now, its time to unplug from the matrix and stop outsourcing. Thanks much.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Solutionix is selling you a scanner directly?

I resell Medit and exocad. Good stuff.

Scott

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
partner went to korea to make a deal, what can you tell me about them, what do you charge for your scanner?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Scanner, exocad, premium Alienware ALX PC w/1.5gb GTX680 graphics for $19,5k. (Windows Professional OS)

TruSmile™ runs just great with this card.

Kinda an expensive trip to save a few bucks, no? Was it really worth it?

I mill Ti on a Haas CNC mill using SUM3d CAM. We are resellers for this as well.

DelCAM is expensive for the same thing. Sum3d works directly with exocad, using the ConstructionInfo file for implants properly.

It also runs within exocad if you want? (exoCAM = SUM3d and is totally different interface, but same program)

corona

corona

Reaction score
to slightly change the thread .... what is the eta for the primus cad cam complete solution scott .....still feb?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am also looking for the Medit . Too bad you are not selling to Greece Scott ! Too bad NOBODY is selling them in Greece .

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
don't change my thread start your own lol, he went to purchase other equipment for clinical side, asked him if he can bring back scanners, I want to do some more research regarding the scanner from what I have seen I liked it much more than 3shape, and I like the exocad software a bit more but having worked not too much with either its a very had decision t make, I need something that can handle scanning and designing large full mouth restorations with multiple implants, and milling abutments and bars, most of our systems are zimmer, straumann, and 3i based. the price seems reasonable what about the mill and is it equipped to mill the abutments with premilled interface like the orgin does?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Sorry I was not trying to troll your thread ! LOL ! I have never heard of this mill . Can you post a link ?

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
scott what would that machine cost around, I looked at your post when the machine arrived at your doorstep looks sick, how is the ti and cocr milling on it?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It will hold it's value much much longer than any other mill. (In the US that is)

My Haas was $99k....then add tooling and fixture and set-up time. Also you need CAM software.

5HP Spindle and better solution for Spindle/tooling than most "Dental" mills. The Collet does not remain in the spindle for tool changes.

Each tool gets it's own tool-holder, complete with a collet. Just like a BIG Industrial mill. The T.I.R. is much less, and tools last longer with better results.

This also allows sub 2-sec tool changes. VERY fast tool changes.

Versa mill looks cool. Neat little gizmo.

I LOVE exocad! Medit scanner is good as well for the money. Nothing better today for the price. IMO.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Welcome this is a varied lot of intelligent persons here, the more I read of these varied individuals thoughts & ingenious solutions, (& common sense thank God it lives here!) the more I realize the world still has a chance. We are the workers that should be looked upon as the examples, not the exceptions. The information here seems to surpass any other dental lab forum I have seen.

Top Bottom