Here's what I'm starting with.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Nice work Al!!!....... the best material to use is the one that's feels the best artisticly within ones fingers to take them to a happy result .

Ceramic Socrates

Bobby Orr played with a Victoriaville stick, Gretzky played with a Titan...... different sticks yet both the best @ their profession.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I would hope a moderator isn't making the assumption that we reuse buttons. That seems a bit presumptuous for someone that has the power to ban someone. Not a good example for newbies to this site like me. What a shame.:confused: I did some work for him in the past when I worked for another lab, just before I started mine. He is very aware of the situation and he is in charge of it.

Al, I do have the study models, really a straight forward case for me. Thanks for your usefull input. Very much appreciated. Will be trying in for shade match next week. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the encouragement.

Darren

Thanks Rob , for having my back on that one. Darren there has been a lot of talk about reusing ingots. I certainly was not accusing anyone or you in particular. Al. suggested an example for you to provide the doc with an example to try in which I think is an awesome idea. I only suggested a used ingot because it not gonna be permanent, just a try in; a glorified mock up. I think it would be mutally beneficial cause you would also get to evaluate the shade and make any changes in the finals if necessary. Benefits, you provide a service, no expenditure on material just to do one veneer and you've found a use for used material.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
For a young person some limited ortho and some well done composite bonding would acheive a great result. It doesn't help the bottom line financially for us in the lab, but suggesting what would be in the patient's best interest is what a team is all about.

For fun, I manipulated the photos to get an idea...
ai748.photobucket.com_albums_xx122_ClearDental_SheaDentLab.jpg
ai748.photobucket.com_albums_xx122_ClearDental_SheaDentLab2.jpg
ai748.photobucket.com_albums_xx122_ClearDental_SheaDentLab.jpg ai748.photobucket.com_albums_xx122_ClearDental_SheaDentLab2.jpg

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Sorry for the size. I am still learning how to upload images !!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
For a young person some limited ortho and some well done composite bonding would acheive a great result. It doesn't help the bottom line financially for us in the lab, but suggesting what would be in the patient's best interest is what a team is all about.

For fun, I manipulated the photos to get an idea...

Glad to see we share the same opinion for what its worth.
PS manipulation, Now you're talking CPD, thats cooking. I've done that before and its agreat tool to communicate with the pt and doc. Clearly thats what team is about.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
If it's for modeling purposes all she really needs is a Snap-on-Smile.

Rob, do I really have to put the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean" smilie here.

Option #2: Immediate DENTURES! Straightened, pretty, shiny, and every tooth a nice, matching, bleach shade.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ah, just tired and take this too seriously at times.

It's all good brother, most of us are wound up so tight I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. I must confess it's happened to me plenty of times so don't think you're the first or last, besides, the Moderators (God love them) need a hard time once in awhile. Keeps them sharp and with it, just in case those Canadians or myself get out of hand :)...it is the NHL playoffs after all :)
Go Wings!!!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If it's for modeling purposes all she really needs is a Snap-on-Smile.

Rob, do I really have to put the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean" smilie here.

Option #2: Immediate DENTURES! Straightened, pretty, shiny, and every tooth a nice, matching, bleach shade.

Mr. Tim, no offense, but I don't want you doing any winking or nudging towards me at anytime brother. Keep those thoughts to yourself big guy!!! :p

Actually I'm surprised we aren't at each others throats more often...with the political hacks we all have, the industry pressure, and the economy - makes for a lot of stress. Then again, what's the solution? Immediate Dentures, right?..lol

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
It's all good brother, most of us are wound up so tight I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. I must confess it's happened to me plenty of times so don't think you're the first or last, besides, the Moderators (God love them) need a hard time once in awhile. Keeps them sharp and with it, just in case those Canadians or myself get out of hand :)...it is the NHL playoffs after all :)
Go Wings!!!!

Rob
All things considered " for a bashing that was pretty weak on my part" Sorry for not providing your usual warm reception,,,,, (for not living up to your standard of abuse).;) I remember , ahem,,,, still traumatized by the reception I received, save Charles ;) with my firsts post. We have to develop a thick skin when so many things can and do become misinterpreted online.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Actually I'm surprised we aren't at each others throats more often...with the political hacks we all have, the industry pressure, and the economy - makes for a lot of stress.
lol

Dental technology is just another form of basket weaving for me. I could go with either/or. Of course, sanitoriums don't have that lovely smell of monomer in the morning. :D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Dental technology is just another form of basket weaving for me. I could go with either/or. Of course, sanitoriums don't have that lovely smell of monomer in the morning. :D

but the old ladies sitting next to you while basket weaving might be good for the ego....HA!!! popcorn

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob
All things considered " for a bashing that was pretty weak on my part" Sorry for not providing your usual warm reception,,,,, (for not living up to your standard of abuse).;) I remember , ahem,,,, still traumatized by the reception I received, save Charles ;) with my firsts post. We have to develop a thick skin when so many things can and do become misinterpreted online.

Yep, most of how we speak as humans is through body language, none of that here (thank goodness, can't imagine how many birds would have been flown my way...lol). Seriously though, the Moderators as of late on DLN are the best. I mean come on, I've only been edited...a couple times lately, that's pretty damn good. It's a tough and thankless job (hence why I don't do it, I'm a glory hound),but seriously, thank you Moderators for keeping the spam away and trying to keep some type of decorum in this joint :) Even if we are all from the island of misfits :p

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Objectivity is the key, and a certain amount of latitude is necessary. As long as things are done in a manner of respect. If info is stifiled progress is impeded. I've had to make a couple of tough calls, and doing so without any self interest ie: compensation ; makes it even tougher. Other than the spam issue we've been great, We really do have a great bunch of folks on here, and thats a testament by all the visitors we get. We're one big dysfunctional family and as such we have our spats here an there and they can be very passionate and intense. But, we kiss and make up and drive on till the next. I'm glad to be here and feel honored and fortunate to be asked to serve, and it's very gratifying. So thanks DLN, keep up the great work.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Objectivity is the key, and a certain amount of latitude is necessary. As long as things are done in a manner of respect. If info is stifiled progress is impeded. I've had to make a couple of tough calls, and doing so without any self interest ie: compensation ; makes it even tougher. Other than the spam issue we've been great, We really do have a great bunch of folks on here, and thats a testament by all the visitors we get. We're one big dysfunctional family and as such we have our spats here an there and they can be very passionate and intense. But, we kiss and make up and drive on till the next. I'm glad to be here and feel honored and fortunate to be asked to serve, and it's very gratifying. So thanks DLN, keep up the great work.

I think you need to prove yourself, flex your muscles, ban LabGuy for a couple of hours.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I think you need to prove yourself, flex your muscles, ban LabGuy for a couple of hours.

Sniffle...you could of just said get back to work :p