Help with soldering!!

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
I mostly have my framework guy laser weld for me but Sometimes my dentist are wanting a next day service and that just is not possible if I outsource the work. I want to be able to do this myself and save time and $$$. I have this Yates and Bird Soldering machine but I cant seem to get the hang of it as sometimes my Wrought wire solders fail to take. What am I doing wrong? What flux and solder should I be using on this thing for soldering to a partial framework? Anyone have any experience on these machines? Thanks for any help.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Great machine use 5 Star Y&B with a fluoride flux like rocky mountain. Make sure you clean YR brass & don't have a glaze on your carbon. If U want a stronger bond use Ticonium Tripple solder but it is expensive PGP & the same flux. Use the 1/4" carbon for heavy stuff but the 1/8" works best for clasps, cekas,& bands. I use Eastwood anti-heat to keep from singing the acrylic. If UR trying to do a major connector place a little platinum foil to bridge the contact. I'm still using a torrit with Y&B handles. I've recently gone back to using it as my lazer is out of adjustment & I think I will have to bring it to the east coast to get repaired.

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
thanks I'll order some of that product, clean my brass and see if that helps. what is east wood anti-heat? I'll try a web search for it.

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
oh, Its a welding product. Getting some.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I've had the same Eastwoods since 1980 just add distilled water to keep it wet. If UR water is wellwater and has a smell it is amplified if U use it.