E

Excalibur

Reaction score
Anyone else having fun and games with slm
Have a 3 shape scanner
excellent tech with great scanning skills
Using bego or compartis both NP and semi precious
Inline porcelain ivoclar CTE is good

Having cracking, bubbles cases are looking dirty when glazed becoming increasingly frustrated we opened the Lab 6 months ago and have been trying to run without casting equipment I am wondering if that was a mistake ? did a large implant full arch upper case cracked all over , slow cooled all the normal proceedures been doing this for 20 + years never experienced anything this bad , any ideas would reaaly help

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Have a 3 shape scanner

Having cracking, bubbles cases are looking dirty when glazed becoming increasingly frustrated we opened the Lab 6 months ago and have been trying to run without casting equipment I am wondering if that was a mistake ? did a large implant full arch upper case cracked all over , slow cooled all the normal proceedures been doing this for 20 + years never experienced anything this bad , any ideas would reaaly help

Only issues I am having has fit, but on long span bridges I would simply increase the drill comp and radius a few clicks.

Your scanning tech and 3shape have nothing to do with your issue. Sound to me more like a handling issue. You Did follow their instruction on how to degass and opaue? Also what is your cool down cycle on your porcelain oven. I'm not a CTD tech but do know you need to have a extended cool down when firing porcelain so that the porcelain doesn't cool down faster then the metal. But you should know this. Not rally crucial on single unit to three unit bridges but longer span bridges for sure. Also check to see if BEGO's SLM works was tested with the porcelain your using.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is interesting to hear, I have had the same issue with argens euro. I havent even done 10 units or so, but the opaque is bubbling to the metal. I havent finished the units yet, but im hoping they glaze out without popping like swiss chese. I havent mentioned this to argen yet, but I blasted at 60psi with 100 mircron and degassed to their specs. I always do a thin coat with powder gc initial opaque and water and let it thoroughly dry. Never had this happen with lodestar, not once.

P

PJR

Reaction score
Has anybody tried Dpm is that any better?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Have a 3 shape scanner

Your words could have come straight from my mouth. This all was the last straw that pushed me to quit offering PFM. Its dead. Never had a case chip with PFZ, and its soo much prettier.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Didn't John Wilson say that he'd had a similar problem with it?

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
For SP;

Tell em to either get real and go with metal free or take a hike and enjoy their stay in Loserville,....cuz it's a loser baby!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We had initial tech error with cracking,

Have a set of dedicated tools that are used only for running over this specific alloy, follow the instructions by the book. We added a bonding material from vita that solved all our issues . Have not had one problem since. Largest bridge to date for SP has been 8 units with large joints, it fit like a glove and did not warp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

charles007

Reaction score
We had initial tech error with cracking,

Have a set of dedicated tools that are used only for running over this specific alloy, follow the instructions by the book. We added a bonding material from vita that solved all our issues . Have not had one problem since. Largest bridge to date for SP has been 8 units with large joints, it fit like a glove and did not warp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any problems using Noble ?
Which type of SLM alloys, NP/Noble/ HN, do you need to use the bonding material ?
Still haven't tried SLM and the labs I asked either love SLM or hate it, stopped using it, and went back to DPM..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We only do the Nobel now Charles, its VERY economical with flat rate pricing over DPM AND once its dialed in it works and fits great.

The nobel has chrome in it and this is why the NP bonder works on it.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Have a 3 shape scanner

I use GC MC paste opaque and haven't had any problems with bubbling. However, initially I had cracking which I solved with a SLOW cool down after firing.

The problem is these are PFM's....:) I try to avoid them. Unless these are pressed in large volume there is no profit in them. I offer them to satisfy the occasional need.

Ken

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Shofu MP. Never had an issue...

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am using Inline . Must use a bonder . I am using Bego bonder . You will solve everything .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Drizzt, how well are you bonding with your bank Dontknow hope you are ok

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Some Drs will have to die or retire before they would consider trying something different.. I just sent out a batch of 8 pfms, all with porcelain margins.. I dont know how much longer I can keep doing them.. They look beautiful, but CAD has ruined me..