Help with identifying this implant!

A

Adam9

Reaction score
Guys I need your help.

a doctor sent me these 2 pics wondering what implant this is! Any idea?

Thank you all

Attachments

• imp1.jpg
    imp1.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 85
  • imp2.jpg
    imp2.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 81
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
A picture of the implant, i had difficulty posting pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 69
A

Adam9

Reaction score
is the screw driver for keystone prima compatible with any of the main stream implant systems ?

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
Keystone compatible with a quad head driver......IDI is a 0.50 hex driver.
As far as Keystone goes.....it could be PrimaConnex or Genesis, or Max-TL.
It would help to know of diameter.....
So, if your picture is from the connection of your abutment.....than, I would opt with Keystone (vs. IDI)
Because, IDI has hex-lobe implants, but only tri-lobe abutments. (If I am correct, of course)

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
How can you tell this from the California one:
http://www.aidibiomedical.com/
Just wondering.
LCM
The lobes for the Keystone are shorter and "softer" than the IDI ones. IDI is a copy of Nobel Rplace but with six lobes. As ZsoltM noted, the prosthetic components for the IDI only have three lobes and the pictures show someone holding an abutment with six lobes.
On the other hand I was not even thinking of IDI.
Thank you LCM for reminding me of the IDI existence, i totally forgot about them.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks, too many copy cat around - did not even realize that was intaglio of abutment instead of
the platform. You are indeed knowledgeable!
Having 3 lobes on a restorative component to mate with a 6 lobe implant seemes kind of half-baked
or is there a good reason other than to make it less difficult to fit?
LCM

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
Well, I think that having a hex-lobe implant with a tri-lobe abutment is actually genius.....
Think about a situation where you need to use an angled abutment.....with a tri-lobe implant you have a chance of rotating that abutment to every 120* but with the hex-lobe implant you are able to rotate the same abutment to every 60*.....so by doing that you have a better chance to position that abutment into a better angle/position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Well, I think that having a hex-lobe implant with a tri-lobe abutment is actually genius.....
Think about a situation where you need to use an angled abutment.....with a tri-lobe implant you have a chance of rotating that abutment to every 120* but with the hex-lobe you are able to rotate the same abutment to every 60*.....so by doing that you have a better chance to position that abutment. Potentially, you can have a better positioned abutment....

?? The implant still carries 6 positions. Only if you have an A/B version like some of the Straumann/Hiosens
do you offer double the options.
If you have 3 abutment lobes, it just makes it less dependent on close tolerances for all lobes
to seat fully. I wish someone can compare the rotational freedom in those versus the conventional.
LCM

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
That was the point exactly....the implant carries six position.
So it has a much better prosthetic option with the tri lobe abutment. (Implant rotational positioning)
That would be an advantage for a dentist trying to use an angled stock abutment.
If a tri-lobe implant is positioned correctly, non of this is an issue.....but a hex-lobe implant is definitely less "sensitive" of rotational positioning issues.

I don't see how the internal connection of the tri-lobe abutment with a hex-lobe implant would be seated less accurately, tho. Those tolerances were good enough for FDA to approve it, it must be good enough.

Of course, there are just much better solutions out there.....

Last edited: